IGNORED

Snow City Cycle - do they know how to assemble an RSV ?

XV1100SE

Hey rentalbuy1,

This is the last time I am responding because I am close to saying something I might regret. But no one in their right mind would accuse someone of committing fraud when yamaha has told them its up to the dealer to determine what is covered under warranty if it is less than $750.00. My dealer knows something about customer service and realizes when I need another bike I will go to them. Also, the dealer told me that they had broken the chrome piece before when servicing a bike.

Might be $110 in the States but due to transporting thru the snow up here in the "Great White North" they bump the price up to $180-200.

As for customer service from Snow City.... if they had simply said at the start that wouldn't cover it I would have dropped it but they started playing games and excuses, not returning calls, etc.

They suggested splitting the cost on a recent call but when I said okay they changed the subject and didn't respond to a voice message on the Sales Manager's cell phone when I asked for a price.

I'll probably fix the tabs myself but didn't want to do that until I knew for sure Snow City and Yamaha wouldn't replace it.

Anyway... thanks for your comments and suggestions. At this point getting Yamaha or the dealer to do something isn't looking good.

Hey rentalbuy1, become a member. 12 bucks..:12101::big-grin-emoticon::fishin::happy-emoticon:

ain't happening at this rate. I'm about to have stuff said to me that the poster will regret because he doesn't understand how a warranty works. He actually thinks that Yamaha is allowing the dealer to decide what is covered under warranty instead of what the book allows. He doesn't realize that what Yamaha is actually saying is that the dealer does not need to get prior authorization to make the repairs if the parts and labor cost are under $750. Wow, you'd almost think that I've wrenched for a living at some point and actually had to deal with warranty work...:thumbsup2:

Might be $110 in the States but due to transporting thru the snow up here in the "Great White North" they bump the price up to $180-200.

As for customer service from Snow City.... if they had simply said at the start that wouldn't cover it I would have dropped it but they started playing games and excuses, not returning calls, etc.

They suggested splitting the cost on a recent call but when I said okay they changed the subject and didn't respond to a voice message on the Sales Manager's cell phone when I asked for a price.

I'll probably fix the tabs myself but didn't want to do that until I knew for sure Snow City and Yamaha wouldn't replace it.

Anyway... thanks for your comments and suggestions. At this point getting Yamaha or the dealer to do something isn't looking good.

If they'll split the cost with you, you should jump at it. Especially if it is their cost, without the markup. That is way more than they are required to do in this situation. I'm really not trying to give you a hard time about this, and if you were the original owner I'd be telling you that your claim was much stronger. The problem here is that this is a "their (Snow City) word over yours." You have no way to prove that they broke the bike.

I'm just curious, too, why are you dealing with the sales manager instead of the service manager on a service issue? Does the guy hold both jobs? Maybe you could try talking to the owner of the shop.

If they'll split the cost with you, you should jump at it. Especially if it is their cost, without the markup. That is way more than they are required to do in this situation. I'm really not trying to give you a hard time about this, and if you were the original owner I'd be telling you that your claim was much stronger. The problem here is that this is a "their (Snow City) word over yours." You have no way to prove that they broke the bike.

I'm just curious, too, why are you dealing with the sales manager instead of the service manager on a service issue? Does the guy hold both jobs? Maybe you could try talking to the owner of the shop.

I had gotten a "too bad" message from the Service Department and a member here had said that he had good service from Mike (Sales Mgr) so I did the "so and so dealt with you and suggested I talk with you about an issue".

Totally agree with you that if I was the one that had bought the bike from them I should expect better service than what they are giving me. And you are right that they don't have to take my word (from my local dealer) that their installer broke the tabs. They say they've talked with the original owner who told them he didn't take it apart and I certainly didn't have time from the time I bought it to the time I took it for the safety.

I think the Sales Mgr offered to split the cost (didn't say what %) thinking that I'd refuse that but when I said I'd be willing to do that he backed down.

I'm thinking I'll take the bike to another local shop and ask them to look at it. If they say they'll do it under warranty, great. If not.... bike still runs (great !).

Did you check out the link I posted, in my original post, about the fix that is in the Tech section?

I have looked at it and that will be my approach if the other dealer in my area says no to warranty work.

I'll go to the other dealer next week some time and post what he says.