I have started hearing a clicking when I depress the clutch handle on my 07 trike. Also I heard it when I let off the gas when at a slow speed.It will just click once or twice. Is this anything to worry about.It sounds like it comes from the second chrome cover on left side of motor when sitting on the bike.

THANKS TRIPOD, FOR REPLYING.MY BIKE HAS A HANNINGAN KIT.IT SOUNDS LIKE THE CLICK IS COMING FOR THE SMALL ROUND COVER ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MOTOR.IS THERE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT.i DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE VENTURE OR THE TRIKE,BUT I AM LEARNING.

When was the last time the drive shaft was off and had grease put on the splines?

Not sure how easy it is to remove on a trike, but that is where I would start.

If the kit is fairly new, and I am assuming it is because it is an 07 the drive shaft is "supposed " to be greased good at assembly The key word there is Supposed. Taking the drive shaft out to see if it is greased or to grease it is a Royal Pain in the BUTT... The rear end has to be dropped. and the axles popped, that is actually easy to do but the rear end is the big pain. The first thing that has to happen is the body has to come off...:yikes:

tbbrider: I will check with Brad at Hannigan today and see if he might know something. I just finished mine last night at midnight, and though I know the kit, I too am still learning the bike side, and have already learned way more than I wanted :):):) If you saw my thread about the oil pan,,:shock3:

I have heard the click that you describe when I get ready to push mine out to ride some times, but not always, and it always seems to be associated to the drive train load on it :confused24: or seems to be.

anytime you have the rear end pulled, have them spiddles greased, need it or not.

I have mine done, at every tire change. I even carry a work sheet on how its to be done. when i'm traveling. I show the tech, before he/she starts the work.