IGNORED

Garmin Zumo 660 Route Issues

I have Garmin Zumo 660 and am using Garmin Roadtrip on a Mac. I am having trouble uploading routes to the device. Someone sent me a GPX file and I was able to get that onto the device. I tried making some routes on my own but have been unable to get them to appear onto the device.

If anyone is using this gps/computer combo, any advice would be much appreciated. I plan on having a buddy send me another gpx to see if it will load.

BTW I have an 8gb micro sd card in it and tried putting the gpx on the card and into the internal memory. No joy either way.

David;

Are you using Mapsource to create the routes?

You "should" be able to use Mapsource to transfer the routes to the GPS.

Walt; Unfortunately Garmin is pretty lacking on Mac software. The equivalent software for mac is called RoadTrip. They have another program called Basecamp.

I was able to upload a route that someone else made. I made a route myself but when I tried uploading it the software says that it is successfully uploaded but when you look at the device the route is not there.

Anyway, I will have to post to the zumoforum. I think this is a pretty specific mac problem.

David

Road Trip works the same as Mapsource. I have both and can upload the routes using either my Macbook or my PC.

It is easier if the maps on the Mac (in Roadtrip) or the PC in Mapsource are the exact same version that is on the 660. When you do map updates on the unit it does not automatically update the computer. You need to turn that feature on during the update.

If the maps are not exactly the same then when you upload the route it winds up in My Data on the 660 and not in the Custom Routes folder.

At that point you need to go to the My Data folder and import the new route. During the import it will recalculate the route.

I find it better to make sure that the maps are the same. Sometimes when it recalculates the route isn't EXACTLY as I planned it.

Some of the features in Roadtrip I like better than Mapsource. For example it has the zoom tool on screen the same as Google maps so I can zoom in and out as well as move my view around without having to change tools.

Wayne