IGNORED

Looking for driver intercom cable

Anyone have the driver intercom cable harness they can part with. Tried soldering a new plug on the end where it sits on the tank but just can't get a good solder on those little wires. If someone has one to part out please let me know and how much.

Oh it's for an 86.

Anyone have the driver intercom cable harness they can part with. Tried soldering a new plug on the end where it sits on the tank but just can't get a good solder on those little wires. If someone has one to part out please let me know and how much.

Oh it's for an 86.

Are you talking about the cable that comes from the AMP to the top of the tank? If so I have one off a '84 that may work... The headset female plug..the one on the tank end... is a 5-pin all on one half. I picked it up off Ebay a couple of years ago, and I don't think I'll need it. LMK.

Are you talking about the cable that comes from the AMP to the top of the tank? If so I have one off a '84 that may work... The headset female plug..the one on the tank end... is a 5-pin all on one half. I picked it up off Ebay a couple of years ago, and I don't think I'll need it. LMK.

PM sent.

I use this set on my 83......... :thumbsup2:

So the '97 and the 83 take the same cables?? Interesting. Actually if that's the case and they are built for the 1stGens, the catagory at the top is sorta confusing as it states 1997 and older....

So the '97 and the 83 take the same cables?? Interesting. Actually if that's the case and they are built for the 1stGens, the catagory at the top is sorta confusing as it states 1997 and older....

Jack consider this, the 2nd gens are newer than 97........ Also I was previously informed of this set, by the Prez of J & M himself, before buying it 4 yrs ago.

Jack consider this, the 2nd gens are newer than 97........ Also I was previously informed of this set, by the Prez of J & M himself, before buying it 4 yrs ago.

And Rocket.... Consider this.... the '97 ain't a 1stGen...... Not quite sure what it is, but it ain't a 1st..... :confused07:

The intercom cable is JUST a mouse PS2 cable minus one pin and a 5 pin din at the other. I have the schematic from Yamaha. I made my own. Using $10 mouse ext. cable and 5 pin connector $3.

Interesting Jason. I have an old cable that I would like to fix by changing the 5 pin din connector. Where can I find a connector?

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank Condor for sending the cable he had. It was the wrong one, missing the flat connector that goes to the wiring harness, but he graciously took it back. I ordered one from pinwall on ebay and it is the correct cable for the 86 up. Here is a pic of the right one on the right. Again thanks Jack for helping me out.

http://pinwallcycle.com/ebay/bike2353/316.jpg

Interesting Jason. I have an old cable that I would like to fix by changing the 5 pin din connector. Where can I find a connector?

Radio shack sells both the standard 5 pin din fits the bike and the mini 5/6 pin connector aka PS2 fits the helmet. The mouse extension cables are available everywhere they sell computers... Note: they are NOT coiled / spring type. And look a lot like the previous post. Mine are white...can also find black if you look.