IGNORED

Clutch Upgrade Questions

So I have purchased the clutch upgrade from Earl and plan on doing it in the next week or so. I have reviewed all of the posts that I could find and think I have a good feel on how to do it, but I have a few questions to make sure I understand.

I have posted the clutch drawing from the parts fiche. So I understand that the part labeled 4 is the wire, this is discarded. The posts on the site say to 'break' the wire. What is it attached to exactly and do you break it or can you just reach in and cut it with a pair of dykes? Is it just lockwire or is it a cable of some sort? It is called a Ring, Clutch Boss.

Part number 5,6,7, and 8 are unique in that they are all the only one of their type. Which one is the 1/2 plate and besides 4 which other parts are discarded (besides 12 I know that is the spring)

I am thinking 7 is the half and is replaced.

Anyway if someone has done this mod recently I would much appreciate the input.

David

Hey Dave,

The wire you speak of is in fact a lock wire and it can be snipped with a pair os side cutters and removed. You are also correct, items 4, 5, 6, and 7 are removed, and replaced with the new full friction disc.

Here is the link to the Kit you purchased in case anyone else is interested:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2905&title=second-genheavy-duty-clutch-spring26amp-3b-full-disc-upgrade-kit-21&cat=7

The upgrade is a lot easier that it appears on paper.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Dave, I would caution you to try to remove the wire without cutting if you can. I did. After installing the full friction plate I was not satisfied with the much reduced friction zone and since I still had the wire intact I was able to reinstall it along with the 1/2 disc and wave washer along with the heavier spring. As Goose told me on the phone it really is a fairly simple task work on the clutch.

Dennis

Dave, I would caution you to try to remove the wire without cutting if you can. I did. After installing the full friction plate I was not satisfied with the much reduced friction zone and since I still had the wire intact I was able to reinstall it along with the 1/2 disc and wave washer along with the heavier spring. As Goose told me on the phone it really is a fairly simple task work on the clutch.

Dennis

:sign yeah that: