Well I have less than 1000 miles on my RSTD and I have the rear end creak. I was rolling it out of the garage today and heard the creaking.

I have seen some posts that say it can be a bent drive shaft. How do you check for that? Just put it on some machine blocks and use a dial indicator?

Anyway, I bought the leveling links and also have the Carbon One adapter, so I plan on riding it this weekend then lifting it Sunday to work on this.

I figure I am better off doing it than dealing with the dealer as I am not in the mood to argue with them over whether it is a problem or not. I have the documentation from this website and it should not be that big of a deal to do.

David

the drive hub pins are dry or have very little lube... they come that way from factory. When you pull your wheel, you will then pull the hub pins and you'll see.

There's lots of info about this here... do a search for drive pins, or even just rear wheel ... hub pins

here's one.. I'm sure you can find others

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24279&highlight=clutch+pins

Well.....that might just come under the heading of too much information.

:Im not listening to

So How's the bike?

:rotf::rotf:

HAH! not my rear end the bikes!!

Love the bike, performs good in the rain which here in Florida happens a lot. Just need to farkle it up, such as highway pegs. only complaint is that my feet get a bit toasty with the lowers, but I love the lowers otherwise as they keep my feet dry in the rain.

I also think the speedometer is a little gimicky. The kilometers stand out more than the MPH, would have been better with a regular speedometer in the tank like the Roadstar. Oh yeah and I think all bikes should have a clock.