IGNORED

Dunlop Elite 111 Golw Wing Tyre

greg_in_london

Well it's not exactly the Dark Side - but the new Gold Wing tyre size is close to a lot of car sizes and might JUST be the largest you can fit on a first gen, at 160/80x16, but it also might be too wide.

Has anybody tried fitting one ? It has an 80H load rating which is a fair bit higher than the 77H of the heaviest duty 140/90x16 tyres - and as I'll be pulling a trailer tent on the bike and sidecar on the German autobahns, I'll be putting a fair load on the tyre in hot weather.

Has anybody any experience on this ? I hope so because I need to splash out on another tyre in the next week or so to be ready to travel.

Hmmm - never mind the dark Side - I'm drawing a Blank Side on this one. Apparently the Elite III isn't sold in the UK - although I don't know about the rest of Europe.

The tyre shop suggested I think about a Michelin Commander (which Harley D are now recommending) but I have no idea how they compare for mileage with other tyres.

I really do not want to put a tyre on and then maybe have to start looking for another half way through our holiday.

I think the Commander is a great tire. I ran one for more than 13,000 miles and am sure that it would have run at LEAST a couple thousand more. I changed it because I was leaving for an extended trip and didn't want to worry about it. I was very happy with the way it performed.