IGNORED

Brakes

pick

yes. I bought a set last year off ebay.

The good news is that they're cheap. the bad news is that they're cheap...

They only have about 1/2 the thickness of pad material of the OEM or EBC brake pads.

I keep a set of them in my tool bag for emergencies, but have given the others away.

FWIW....I have tried several different brake mfgrs with different materials. The best I have used is the EBC HH pads, both 1st and 2nd gen. If they would have made a set for my '79 Electraglide I would have them on it too

:2cents:

Kevlar Brake Pads were designed for "Superbikes" (Motorcycles that have the ability to go between 150 and 200 MPH) at those speeds, regular brake pad material is barely functional. The problem for 1st and 2nd Gen. owners is that our bikes don't go fast enough to need the advantage of the Kevlar pads. When used on our bikes at the speeds we run at, here is the disadvantage that the Kevlar pads cause. The Kevlar pads transfer a tremendous amount of heat to the rotors, on the 1st Gen. bikes, this causes rotor warpage. On the 2nd Gen bikes, it causes the rotors to "glaze" (work harden the outer most surface of the rotor) At this point the pads can no longer "bite" into the rotors and stop your motorcycle properly. This is also why you could have "squeaking brakes".

The rotors on the 2nd Gens. are much harder than the rotors on the 1st Gens. Squidly is correct, the EBC Sintered HH pads provide EXCELLENT stopping power with little ill effects on the 2nd Gen bikes. On the 1st Gen. bikes, they also provide EXCELLENT stopping power but the price you pay for this extra stopping power is increased rotor wear. The way I feel about this is, If my bike stops in time to avoid an accident, I will buy a new rotor when I need to. I do not want to be the guy that has the motorcycle with the best looking rotors at the salvage yard due to an accident I was not able to stop in time for!

If anyone is interested in EBC HH pads for their 1st or 2nd Gen bikes, please feel free to PM me.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Thanks, just thought I'd give it a shot. I really don't believe in skimping on stuff like pads, more of a wish, I'll stick with my EBC's...................

Thanks for the replies!