IGNORED

This month's Road Runner Magazine - Great!

Venturous Randy

First of all, this was the first delivery on the subscription I won as a door prize at Vogal. I have seen a few editions before, but they are a little hard to find. As soon as I opened it up and looked at the reader's response section, there is a picture of a black 2nd gen Venture. An Alvin Mullen, from Jacksonville, FL was taking issue with a comment from an earlier issue about "There finally being an alternative to the Wing, LT and Electro Glide in the new Victory". He stated after two years of test rides on all these that he found the Yamaha Royale Star Venture to be the most comfortable and the best value. Does anyone know this guy?

The editor's response was that in his original draft he had mentioned the Venture, but thru edits and re-writes, that the Venture comment had been left out. The editor also noted that they do have plans for doing some touring on a Venture in the future and will report their findings.

The next great part was that North Georgia and south western North Carolina was featured, with a specific article on Helen, GA. For those of you that did not make Vogal this year, that is near by and part of the usual rides. They also showed a picture of Bridal Veil Falls near Highlands on 64 with a bike sitting behind the falls.

Even though this magazine is not cheap, the quality of the printing, articles and detailed maps is very good.

Just wanted to share this with you.

RandyA

Yup, noticed this also. It is a great magazine that deals with motorcycle touring. You won't get the usual 'Ducati' reference in every artical (ie. CycleWorld).

I noticed the comment in the previous Victory Vision article reference left out the Venture. I thought it was left out since it was a little long in the tooth, not well promoted by Yamaha, and not very common among the general biking population. I was pleased to see she (the editor is a woman - Christa Neuhauser) actually included the Venture in the original cut of the article.

RR

First of all, this was the first delivery on the subscription I won as a door prize at Vogal. I have seen a few editions before, but they are a little hard to find. As soon as I opened it up and looked at the reader's response section, there is a picture of a black 2nd gen Venture. An Alvin Mullen, from Jacksonville, FL was taking issue with a comment from an earlier issue about "There finally being an alternative to the Wing, LT and Electro Glide in the new Victory". He stated after two years of test rides on all these that he found the Yamaha Royale Star Venture to be the most comfortable and the best value. Does anyone know this guy? The editor's response was that in his original draft he had mentioned the Venture, but thru edits and re-writes, that the Venture comment had been left out. The editor also noted that they do have plans for doing some touring on a Venture in the future and will report their findings. The next great part was that North Georgia and south western North Carolina was featured, with a specific article on Helen, GA. For those of you that did not make Vogal this year, that is near by and part of the usual rides. They also showed a picture of Bridal Veil Falls near Highlands on 64 with a bike sitting behind the falls. Even though this magazine is not cheap, the quality of the printing, articles and detailed maps is very good. Just wanted to share this with you. RandyA

They wrote me a really nice e-mail apologizing for the over site of leaving the Venture out of the article. I was going to buy the magazine until I read the intro to the Victory then I put it back on the shelf. After the nice response from the editor I was back in the book store Monday looking for the current issue. Looks like I'll have to go back in a day or two.

Well, at least I know who Alvin Mullen is now and I do appreciate you taking issue with the situation. This really is a nice magazine and they did a real nice write up on the new Kawasaki Concours 14, which reminds me alot of the 1st Venture, being the quickest sport touring bike you could buy, just 25 years later.

The print and pictures are also great.

RandyA

Yep...that is a great magazine for ideas and routes for tourning. It is the only magazine I actually save for future reference. I sure hope the editor will follow through with an article on the Venture, this bike is often overlooked by almost all of the mags.

In the September issue of Cycle World they also do an in -depth test of the new Victory Vision. The last statement in the article says, "The Vision is a legitimate player in the luxury-touring market. Now there are four."

The other 3 refer to of course...Goldwing, HD Ultra, & BMW LT. It amazes me that statements like these do not "boil Yamaha's blood." :think: