I am installing OEM passing lamps on a 2006 RSV. Everything had been going great. I am at the point where I mount the lamps to the bike and begin connecting the wires from the blinkers to the connections inside the faring. To my delight after I hooked up the left blinker - Black, Chocolate, and blue - then the right blinker, Black, Dark Green, and blue, to the wires inside the faring both blinkers worked, and the head light, high and low beam worked. I did not like the way I had brought a few of the wires into the faring so I disconnected the black wire, from the right blinker, and moved it around the mount bracket, and plugged it back in. I turned my bike on and now my head light will not come on and the lights on my dash board will not come on either but my blinkers work. Here is what I have checked;

1) Every fuse on the bike - none blown

2) Pulled the head lamp bulb out - still good

3) Disonnected all wires coming from the blinkers to the wires in the faring and made sure all connections were good. - still no head light

I am at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated!

It's pretty hard to diagnose what happened but you did say that it worked until you moved the black wire. So check the wire from end to end and if that fails, pull out another wire and connect it. That will confirm weather the wire is broken or not. Hope that helps.

It's pretty hard to diagnose what happened but you did say that it worked until you moved the black wire. So check the wire from end to end and if that fails, pull out another wire and connect it. That will confirm weather the wire is broken or not. Hope that helps.

1st thing I would do is put everything back like it was when it worked and see if it works again. If it does, think about the saying; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!". :rasberry:

Thanks for the suggestions. I worked many, many hours on this over the weekend and could not figure anything out. My bike goes to the shop today for 16,000 mile mait/tune up and I am now at the mercy of the dealer! I will post back what they found out!!!

• 1 month later...