IGNORED

Tour Pack Just Installed on RSTD

starkruzen

I just got done installing a tour pack on my 07 RSTD. Not very staisfied with the pack. It's a little small and cheaply made, but it has some cool LED lights. I think I will install a Harley tour pack when I find one that won't break the bank.

What do you think?

Mark

Hello: I too just finished installed a similar trunk. (No Lights). It might be a bit too soon to judge. At least now I have a nice spot to carry an extra helmet when I ride alone and never know when a rider will climb on? My wife indicates it is no more comfortable or any less comfortable than the stock backrest. (I guess that is okay?) I noticed my passenger appears to set back a bit further now. I can now see her in the mirror and can tell if she fell off or not. I will know more when I try to pack for the Sturgis ride.

I just got done installing a tour pack on my 07 RSTD. Not very staisfied with the pack. It's a little small and cheaply made, but it has some cool LED lights. I think I will install a Harley tour pack when I find one that won't break the bank.

What do you think?

Mark

My wife said she feels much more comfortable with the tour pack since it she can lean back. The standard back rest was too straight up. I'm still looking at replacing with larger one.

Mark

P.S. Do you have any pictures of your set up?

I hope to soon put a rear box on my V Star, I like the carrier you put it on, but I am not a fan of a rear box that resembles a GW box.........nothing against the GW, but that box just doesnt appeal to me............but all that matters is what you like, and if your pleased that what counts......of course I still havent found a box within reason that appeals to me......:doh:.......

• 3 years later...

Hello: I originally installed a "Wompus" rack. $225 if I remeber correctly. I have since replaced the smaller orignal trunk with a Harley Tour pack. I chose to keep the Wompus rack and I mounted the Tour Pack to it. Nothing is cheap. I got by with about $750 total. I like it more every day I have it. Others have replaced the RSTD side rails with RSV rails and a RSV rack, $375?? and then installed a Tour pack to the RSV rack. TDbiker, LoneEagle, myself and numberous others have went this route. I have the best of both worlds. Dependable V-4 Yamaha and a large side open tour pack. Encreased lighting. Works for me.:)