IGNORED

My wife needs pasties!

Dave77459

Same thing happened to me when my Ex asked "does this dress make me look fat?" :rotfl:

Dave

:confused07: why's your ex asking you if she looks fat:confused24:; second thought, why were you at your ex's so she could ask that question:stirthepot:

:scratchchin:Never mind, I prolly don't want to know:D:D

I lived up there for 6 1/2 years. The best place for Pasties is the Ishpeming/Negaunee area west of Marquette. You'll always get juicy great tasting pasties in that area.

Kevin

:thumbsup:

Great news! Marquette or Ispheming will be the perfect distance for lunch. Do you recall a place on the lake?

Dave

Great news! Marquette or Ispheming will be the perfect distance for lunch. Do you recall a place on the lake?

Dave

If you don't mind getting your order to go, I'd say stop by the place right across the street from 'Whiskers' (Bar with Yellow awning - well it used to be there anyways) right in front of the Northern Michigan University Dome (big wood thing, you can't miss it. It is the biggest wooden dome in the world by the way). There is a little place there, corner of Presque Isle Ave and Center Street (4th Street turns into Presque Isle Ave - if you are coming straight from 41 - but i would suggest taking the route along the lake. It is called "Jean-Kay's Pasties". They do a pretty nice job. Made fresh daily. I would say stop in for a few to go, then drive up Presque Isle ave until you hit the park. Go about halfway around the loop and there is a nice little turn off with a picnic table that you can stop at for lunch, or whatever.

Or if you like huge boats, stop at the ore docks and maybe you'll get lucky and watch one pull in or out.

If you don't mind a little off-roading I could suggest a few other rather nice places where I would take my... Well never mind the details. Of course, you probably don't want to spend all of your time in Marquette either...

By the way the 'scenic turnout' as you crest the hill (west bound) on M-28 through Munising, is well worth the stop if you have a few minutes.

Pics #1-4: All at Presque Isle taken around sunset.

Edited by LilBeaver
Added critical detail about what hill you crest! Doh...

I lived up there for 6 1/2 years. The best place for Pasties is the Ishpeming/Negaunee area west of Marquette. You'll always get juicy great tasting pasties in that area.

Kevin

:thumbsup:

+1 to this. If your goal is a great pasty, then you can't go wrong with any of the Mom and Pop type joints between Marquette and Ishpeming.

If you don't mind getting your order to go, I'd say stop by the place right across the street from 'Whiskers' (Bar with Yellow awning - well it used to be there anyways) right in front of the Northern Michigan University Dome (big wood thing, you can't miss it. It is the biggest wooden dome in the world by the way). There is a little place there, corner of Presque Isle Ave and Center Street (4th Street turns into Presque Isle Ave - if you are coming straight from 41 - but i would suggest taking the route along the lake. It is called "Jean-Kay's Pasties". They do a pretty nice job. Made fresh daily. I would say stop in for a few to go, then drive up Presque Isle ave until you hit the park. Go about halfway around the loop and there is a nice little turn off with a picnic table that you can stop at for lunch, or whatever.

Or if you like huge boats, stop at the ore docks and maybe you'll get lucky and watch one pull in or out.

If you don't mind a little off-roading I could suggest a few other rather nice places where I would take my... Well never mind the details. Of course, you probably don't want to spend all of your time in Marquette either...

By the way the 'scenic turnout' as you crest the hill (west bound) on M-28, is well worth the stop if you have a few minutes.

Pics #1-4: All at Presque Isle taken around sunset.

Great information! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Have you been to Miner's Falls at Pictured Rocks? Is it worth the time, and is it RSTD and trailer friendly?

Dave

Great information! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Have you been to Miner's Falls at Pictured Rocks? Is it worth the time, and is it RSTD and trailer friendly?

Dave

By the way I modified my last post to add what hill I was talking about - so it made sense. :doh:

To answer your question, yes I have been there. If I recall correctly the road to the parking lot is not paved (as of a few years ago) but if you take it easy (and it hasn't rained recently) you shouldn't have a problem getting back in and out with your bike and trailer. I did it with a Goldwing. Although, I was by myself and did not have a trailer.

As for it being worth it or not, :confused24:. There are plenty of really nice places to visit and things to see in the U.P. These falls are purdy, and probably the best that I visited in the Munising area but, they are no Tahquamenon.

Hope that helps some.

By the way I modified my last post to add what hill I was talking about - so it made sense. :doh:

To answer your question, yes I have been there. If I recall correctly the road to the parking lot is not paved (as of a few years ago) but if you take it easy (and it hasn't rained recently) you shouldn't have a problem getting back in and out with your bike and trailer. I did it with a Goldwing. Although, I was by myself and did not have a trailer.

As for it being worth it or not, :confused24:. There are plenty of really nice places to visit and things to see in the U.P. These falls are purdy, and probably the best that I visited in the Munising area but, they are no Tahquamenon.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the updated location. :)

I am planning to stop at Tahquamenon on the way, so it seems there isn't much reason to visit Miner's. I wish I had a whole lot more time to visit the U.P.

Dave

Lonna and I were married at the foot of the upper Tahquamenon Falls in '97. That is a beautiful area up there and the ride will be spectacular

:thumbsup2:

While your up there, stop in at the Brewery and eat!!!! That was the 1st place we ever had fried pickles. And the fish is to die for! It's at the upper falls. Have fun!

Lonna and I were married at the foot of the upper Tahquamenon Falls in '97. That is a beautiful area up there and the ride will be spectacular

:thumbsup2:

While your up there, stop in at the Brewery and eat!!!! That was the 1st place we ever had fried pickles. And the fish is to die for! It's at the upper falls. Have fun!

Ah, you two lovebirds! Thanks for the suggestions!

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Just to wrap this up, my wife did get a pasty! We got a couple from the Mackinaw Pastie Company and then sat at the bridge park and ate.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/4834752027_b7f29b53ee.jpg

She loved it!

We were going to have more along the way, but rains made us hustle along the road. Darn it.

I think some of these cheesecake chefs ought to branch out to a meat pie. :thumbsup:

Dave