IGNORED

what pi$$ed me off most this week...

Guest Swifty

Guest Swifty

...was finding out that all retailers in Western NY and SW Ontario are no longer carrying replacement soap and filters for the Mr. Clean Autodry car wash system...and I know this because it seemed like I personally checked out all of the retailers myself...whew. Apparently, I had enough stock on hand not to realize that the product was discontinued last year sometime. Dam, I hate it when a good product is discontinued...(can anyone say, yeah me too, like the 1st gen Venture was too?). Sooo what are all you users going to do? Are there retailers I don't know about? Yeah, yeah, I know about Amazon and eBay....groan.

Hey Dave: Try XS Cargo stores? They are a clearance type warehouse for discontinued items and other stuff.

It's only $7.98 at XS Cargo and they say they have it in stock at all their locations, it seems.

http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_catalogue/cat_product_quick_search.asp

If the link brings up their home page search Mr clean and the product shows.

Hope this helps. John

I have one sponge left, but alas, no soap! Has anyone tried a different brand of soap in the unit that WORKED???.... I plugged up an old unit with TurtleWax Soap.

I also looked into this for a while now, and if you contact P&G they say "heres a list of our other products to use", NO car wash cleaner though to substitute.

I agree (because I USED it and KNOW how great it WAS) I'm pi**ed too!!:95:

i've tried other car wash soaps...they clog the filters after a few uses........try your local cvs.....for the last 3 weeks they have advertised the complete kit for $3.99....that would buy you some extended uses........

Guest Swifty
Wipe with chamois. Air dry at about 85MPH.

To me THAT is redundant. Why the need for both? Doesn't one accomplish the other?

Guest PlaneCrazy

I agree that you should try and find an XS Cargo store near you and see if they have some kits left.

My Autodry rig started to fall apart right after I bought my RSV last month and I was worried I was out of luck finding a replacement when I saw the left over kits in XS. I bought 4 kits for $32 and I had a spare filter and soap pack already, so I am good for about 4 or 5 more riding seasons :)

Hey Dave: Try XS Cargo stores? They are a clearance type warehouse for discontinued items and other stuff.

It's only $7.98 at XS Cargo and they say they have it in stock at all their locations, it seems.

http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_catalogue/cat_product_quick_search.asp

If the link brings up their home page search Mr clean and the product shows.

Hope this helps. John

Merci!!!

Hit the one in St. Kitts and scored 3 sponges ($8), they did have a ton of the small set (little soap and 3 use sponge) for $8, had about 30 of them left. But no big soap bottles.

Hose, pail, soap, wash mit and elbow grease!

Yeah, that. Go to Canadian Tire or WalMart and get some Camco Wash&Wax. You'll find it in the RV aisle. Good stuff, how do I know? We make it right here in Elkhart. After all, your bike is just a miniature recreation vehicle, eh?

Guest wrench

Yeah, that was a sweet setup for just an everyday quick cleanup. My local Walmart went from having it on the shelf in automotive, to nothing, overnight. Somebody must've gotten wet, wrinkly fingers and complained!! Big Lot's is my next stop, they had the kits not too long ago, plus they may have gotten hold of some surplus. This was a way less expensive deal than using S-100 every time too. I used some Blue Coral car wash in my kit last week, but my bike was only dusty, no set-on grime, and it worked okay.

Guest Swifty
I used some Blue Coral car wash in my kit last week, but my bike was only dusty, no set-on grime, and it worked okay.

...and it didn't gunk up in the gun?

Guest scarylarry

I been using mine for a few years and never clog it and I use turtle wash and wax from sam's..

The rinse filters what tick me off, not the soap..I wish I had stock up on them...