IGNORED

Southern Ontario Riders

dunvilsteev

I just noticed the "wear bars" on my rear Avons.(25K kms) Last time I got a quote from Zdeno, and then went to BKBike on hwy 6 and they matched the price. Where do you all, from this area, buy your tires? Do you order them from the US? Unfortunately, I must go to a garage for the install, and that is a hun for the rear! So I'm trying to save a little do-re-mi. Thanks for your help.

Yah! Some members buy their tires in the US, have them shiped here, then have them installed locally...

So far, looking at that method, I think Dennis Kirk at $158 was the best price. + change over to Canuck $$ .... I think shipping is free.

I have investigated a bit here in Ontario. Thought I had a reasonably good deal from Motorcycle Impacts for an E3 Dunlop at $135 delivered locally but in the end, all he could supply was a tire made in 2005, so I passed on that deal. The other place that seemed to offer better pricing was Sonic Cycle Salvage in London and I think their installation price was very competitive. I suspect others will have helpful information.

So far, looking at that method, I think Dennis Kirk at $158 was the best price. + change over to Canuck $$ .... I think shipping is free.

Check this site out, they have the E3's and the Venom's, If you have someone in the states you could get it shipped to these seem to be a good price.

Ian

http://www.jakewilson.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=493&navTitle=Motorcycle+Tires&webCatId=57&prodFamilyId=16940#vehicleSelect

Try platinium power sports in Clinton I got elite 111 from him prices were as good as I could find in the U.S. and he was 45 to install back and 35 for front install Very nice fellow and does it while you wait

Dale

I see you tried Steve (679BIKE) on #6 in Mount Hope.. That is where I deal for anything I cannot do myself. He is reasonable and he knows these bikes better than anyone else around here. I can not find a better deal locally.

One other thing. When I went with the Avon's on my scoot for some reason it didn't work and the bike waddled. Steve took very good care of me. I wound up with a different brand after some experimenting and all the installations were free. In other words it cost me nothing to get it all taken care of.

Wayne

Next best option is to have them shipped directly to you. You pay the PST and GST, and some places will ship across the border. Not sure why but some companies ship it with out the brokerage fees. Just check before you ship. Tires are normally duty free.

Then you figure the cost. Zdeno charges 25 bucks to install the tire on the rim, if you bring it to them, off the bike.

Brad