IGNORED

What do I need to look at or do while she is naked

If you haven't already done it you might get ahold of Ponch about replacing the tape deck with some meaningful guages....??

I second this!

Also if you put in the gauges, check the temp gauge in boiling water to verify its accuracy. The one I installed (Sunpro) is high by 40 degrees. I read 230-240 when warmed up and 140 when sitting in the shop in 99-100 degree weather. I should have thought of this before the install, but I have another and will change them out some day.

:farmer:

If you haven't already done it you might get ahold of Ponch about replacing the tape deck with some meaningful guages....??

I gave that Serious thought, and now is the time to do it,,,,,but I have a MP3 player coming that plugs into the cassette,,,, and emulates a CD player, and is controlled through the handle bar controls ( we hope, I am the test bed on this one. The Honda set up is already on the market, by several companies ) Still may happen if the player doesn't work out.

I would really like a Tac I love a Tac

Other than the obvious things, Fuel filter, air filters, plugs... Is there any thing that I should look at for replacement, while I will have the bike down to the frame here in a couple of weeks ( other than more time to spend on it and money, cooler weather )

I only need tips/hints , suggestions for the front from the side covers forward... The rear I have a good grasp on,,, getting rid of it.......:innocent: :confused24:

Any thing that I really should do before I strip it down. Once I get every thing off for paint it pretty much becomes a door stop for a couple of weeks........:shock3:

I'd take the time to go ahead and run an additional accessory wire or two to the front fairing. If you add anything later, you're wiring will be ready to use!

:cool10:

Good: Glad you reminded me of that...:o I have some to add, and the passing light too, with other things. Maybe I should make a list,, :) I am sure that I have some time to think, and re-think of things all of the pieces are in the paint shop all 28 of them..

I am sure that when I get it all back and just right, I will find that I have forgotten something.

I gave that Serious thought, and now is the time to do it,,,,,but I have a MP3 player coming that plugs into the cassette,,,, and emulates a CD player, and is controlled through the handle bar controls ( we hope, I am the test bed on this one. The Honda set up is already on the market, by several companies ) Still may happen if the player doesn't work out.

I would really like a Tac I love a Tac

Here ya go!

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/dawarren77377/Gauges/DSCF5297.jpg?t=1278903908

Thats the setup,,,:happy34: Thanks Ponch. Now if I could just figure out where to move the Cassette to I would be in great shape,,,,,:confused24: The best of all worlds. I need the Cassette for the interface to the CD to work with the MP3 Player/changer,,,:confused:

A shot of her out getting a little sun yesterday; Working on the Tan Lines :innocent:

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/nakidoutsude.jpg

The factory CD player still works with the cassette removed. MP3 connection included in gauge setup.

OH :confused: I thought that the CD interface was through the pig tail off the cassette,,,:confused24: I may have to get out the ole manual and schematic to see just where the CD plugs into. The MP3 Player isn't a plug in to the Aux MP3 it is a CD Emulator that emulated the 6 CD player, and is controlled by the handle bar controls (maybe) Though it is supposed to show 6 CD's mine on the 1800 shows 10 CD 0 twice at 99 songs per emulated CD. That is if ti works right. I may have to give you a call.....

On the factory CD player, there are separate pig tails for the CD & Cassette. Also, there is an aux 1/8" stereo plug (which we still use for MP3, GPS, etc.) I'm not familiar with the setup you are describing.