IGNORED

Iso Grips?

pick

Changed to the Iso grips, like the larger diameter. I read some of the previous threads aboue glue. I tried the dish soap, didn't hold. Tried black gasket sealer, that didn't hold. I'm reluctant to use the Iso grip glue and they say its PERMANANT. I want to take them off here shortly and modify them to put the factory weights back on. Any suggestions as to what glue will hold them from turning and still be able to remove them from the bars without ruining them? :confused:

I've had success using golf grip tape. Wrap it around the bar and wet it with mineral spirits or lighter fluid. Grips will slide on nicely and will allow you plenty of time to adjust so they're lined up just the way you want them. Make sure to cover the tank as the lighter fluid is pretty harsh on the paint.

Well, test three, just cleaned up the gasket sealer and gave em a good dose of wifeys mega hold hair spray, gona let them set overnight and see what happpens. Gotta trip planned to NC Wed. and would like them to be set for the trip. :fingers-crossed-emo

Well, test three, just cleaned up the gasket sealer and gave em a good dose of wifeys mega hold hair spray, gona let them set overnight and see what happpens. Gotta trip planned to NC Wed. and would like them to be set for the trip. :fingers-crossed-emo

Really no need to let them sit. 5 minutes should do.