IGNORED

bike idles great but wont throttle up

hi i have a gen one i beleive(86 1300 venture) had spark issues i believe i have that fixed now bike idles and starts fantastic but go to use throttle and pops thru carbs and just dies out till off then idles great i need help any direction to go besides scrap yard like i have been told over and over this week. thanks

hi i have a gen one i beleive(86 1300 venture) had spark issues i believe i have that fixed now bike idles and starts fantastic but go to use throttle and pops thru carbs and just dies out till off then idles great i need help any direction to go besides scrap yard like i have been told over and over this week. thanks

Got air box buttoned up tight?

no actually i was fixing the spark problem and had it running for 2 minutes in shop with air cleaner open! you mean it could be that simple? holy crap never thought.

these things run like crap when the air box isnt sealed up tight, mine backfires and just runs terribly.

I would also check your carb diaphrams, hold up to light and look for pin holes. if there maybe try liquid electrical tape, just brush it on.

If its been sitting i would also give a about 1/2 bottle of seafoam in a tank of gas, run it hard until the gas is down and that should clean all the gunk out of your carbs.

good luck they are good bikes, but ya gotta ride em

Brian