I installed a set of E3's on the '89 I have here and have a question for the 1st genners. I find that the handling actually went down, I'm thinking because of the profile on the tire and it being more rounded up into the casing. It actually feels to me, at slow speeds to plow more, kinda like a stock 2nd gen. I'm not too crazy about this, but I know that I will get used to how it reacts. My question is, do any of you other 1st genners feel the same as I do ?

Be interesting to hear on this. I have a rear one hanging on the wall waiting. Wanting to order front to match it. Maybe not? I could do a E ll on the front. Wouldn't be a bad mismatch??

I'll still say Avons are the best feeling tire out there.

I got a e3 on the rear and a 404 on the front, i think they feel good, the 404 on the front is just about gone with only 10,000 miles on it but the e3 on the rear is still doing good,just a little noise when in the corners,but other than that is been a good tire so far.run 42 psi front and rear. You may have to put some miles on them.

I have e3s on front and rear for about 4000 miles now and i like them alot . It took about 150 miles to get them broke in, at first it handled a little weard but after the break in it handles great. i always ride with two guys that ride a 08 fjr and a 06 kaw. concorse that i have to keep up with and i do like the e3s in the corners and straights. I run 40 in the rear and 38 in the front. with 4000 on the tires they look just like they did when they were new.

Guest seuadr

i had e2's on it, i have e 3's on it, i guess i have not noticed any "plowing" feeling. only issue i have had at all was the rear didn't wanna seat (took me 3 tries) when i first mounted them.

I installed a set of E3's on the '89 I have here and have a question for the 1st genners. I find that the handling actually went down, I'm thinking because of the profile on the tire and it being more rounded up into the casing. It actually feels to me, at slow speeds to plow more, kinda like a stock 2nd gen. I'm not too crazy about this, but I know that I will get used to how it reacts. My question is, do any of you other 1st genners feel the same as I do ?

I do not feel the same way you do.

I have an E3 on the front of my '88 Royale. So far, after 3,000 miles, I've had nothing but good results in the handling department. It shows very little wear, no cupping, excellent braking, good behavior on metal bridges and pavement grooves.

I have a Michelin Commander on the rear, and that combination works very well on my Venture.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD