IGNORED

Central Ky Memorial Day Weekend Ride

a4pumper

I would like to personally thank Dennis and Valerie Traynor for being the host of the Central Ky Memorial Weekend ride that myself and a bunch of other nice people I met attended. They were gracious to open up their beautiful home and feed a diverse group with a common love for riding motorcycles on Friday with two more wonderful days of riding and some of the most beautiful countryside to be seen. With this event even larger than last year, It is my hope that they continue to do this for all the fun that was had. If not, then it has been an honor and a privilege to meet these two wonderful people. The routes planned were great and the eateries that we attended were awesome. Again, Thanks form this big `ol Ky. boy from Catlettsburg. Harry Caines (a4pumper).

I have to agree with Harry, I had a great time and the riding was awsome. The HD couple (my cousin & husband) that came with me were amazed that a "biker" would put on such an event. I told them this was not a group of "bikers" but a group of good people that enjoy motorcycle riding and eating and eating and eating and..... there's no attitudes, no Berry Bad A$$es and nothing to prove. Just good people. Although this was my first meeting with Venture Riders I've been a member for three years and it's easy to tell what kind of group this is just by the help and kindness afforded on the forums.

Anyways, we really enjoyed the hospitality, people and riding and plan on returning next year as well as attending other such Ventures.

Thanks again Dennis and Val,

Jim :dancefool:

Guys, Thanks for the applause. The weekend would have been nothing without the fine folks in attendance. We hope to do it again next year.

Now, where are the photos?

Dennis

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

It's getting boring looking at my own pictures!

Wow Steve (Irene too) those are some awesome pix. I know I teased you a bunch about the ride through the boonies on the way down, but I'm glad we went that way....and that you documented it so well. Irene really has an eye for the neat old barns!

Did anyone document the route down to I75? It would be nice to have a GPS route of those roads.

Joe

Dennis, Joe, and Bill, we're glad you enjoyed the pictures. After I get the video added I'll go back and add captions. Feel free to check out my site any time. Most of it is VR.o events.

Irene does like the barns. I used to tease her, but I've found I like barns too. They have a lot of character. There are routes featuring the ones that have quilt squares painted on them. Irene was looking them up online, so I have a feeling we'll be planning something eventually.

Joe, no problem buddy, I can take the teasing as long as the route's interesting. Did you catch the voice on the CB that said "You boys have some pretty bikes."? About that time I thought I was hearing banjo music. There was no slowing down from there until we got out from under the leaf canopy. I sent you a Google map of the route in one of the first PMs I sent about the weekend. If you already deleted it let me know. I tend to keep maps, and the next time we go to the Lexington area there's a really good chance we'll go that way again.

Bill and Marilyn, it was nice meeting you. We hope you get to do that BRP ride. It's a nice place to visit on a bike.

We can't thank Dennis and Valerie enough for hosting the event and giving us a chance to not only ride through a beautiful area, but meet a lot of new and wonderful people, while renewing old friendships.

Dennis, Joe, and Bill, we're glad you enjoyed the pictures. After I get the video added I'll go back and add captions. Feel free to check out my site any time. Most of it is VR.o events.

Irene does like the barns. I used to tease her, but I've found I like barns too. They have a lot of character. There are routes featuring the ones that have quilt squares painted on them. Irene was looking them up online, so I have a feeling we'll be planning something eventually.

Joe, no problem buddy, I can take the teasing as long as the route's interesting. Did you catch the voice on the CB that said "You boys have some pretty bikes."? About that time I thought I was hearing banjo music. There was no slowing down from there until we got out from under the leaf canopy. I sent you a Google map of the route in one of the first PMs I sent about the weekend. If you already deleted it let me know. I tend to keep maps, and the next time we go to the Lexington area there's a really good chance we'll go that way again.

Bill and Marilyn, it was nice meeting you. We hope you get to do that BRP ride. It's a nice place to visit on a bike.

We can't thank Dennis and Valerie enough for hosting the event and giving us a chance to not only ride through a beautiful area, but meet a lot of new and wonderful people, while renewing old friendships.

Steve,

I remember hearing a transmission that I couldn't understand. Neither did Donna. Didn't know who or what it was, just forgot about it. Hmmm.....wonder where it came from?

Yeah, now that you reminded me, I do still have that map. Just forgot it. Thanks!

BTW, Donna and I have a collection of barn pix too. Like you folks, it started with Donna, now I'm looking for them too. Kinda infectious isn't it? We admire your "eye" for the good ones, that takes some artistic tendency

Joe.

Steve,

I remember hearing a transmission that I couldn't understand. Neither did Donna. Didn't know who or what it was, just forgot about it. Hmmm.....wonder where it came from?

Yeah, it was kind of low and short. At first I just thought it was one of us. Then I thought: Why? We had just gone by a house on a hill close on the left. I figure somebody out in the serious sticks sits around looking out the window and talking on a scanning base station. I didn't work it all out until we were well down the road.

BTW, Donna and I have a collection of barn pix too. Like you folks, it started with Donna, now I'm looking for them too. Kinda infectious isn't it? We admire your "eye" for the good ones, that takes some artistic tendency

Joe.

Thanks. It's definitely a subject that grows on you. Eventually I'll probably go through the pics and do some cropping. All I did for now is shrink them to a usable size. I have a pretty good camera - Pentax K20D, set to RAW+ so every shot yields a 20 meg RAW pic and an 8 or 10 meg jpeg. I used the jpgs for the site, and will do the serious post processing on the RAWs. I set the camera to "green" settings and let Irene sit on the back and click away as long as she wants. She keeps getting better as she learns the camera.