IGNORED

Modified Baron's Nasty Boys

I modified my Baron's Nasty Boys today so they are not so nasty. They sound good on the jack but I haven't put the rear wheel on yet to try them on the road. I welded a heavy washer with a 5/8 hole to the inlet of the baffle to reduce the flow a little and cause a little more back pressure, seems to have worked but time will tell. I am attempting a video of them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ryuwQjI4I]YouTube- Picture or Video 013.avi[/ame]

Edited by rlyons

I have the same pipes. Did your mod reduce volume or tone or both?
It will reduce the volume but they still flow way more than the stock mufflers will. The tone is a little lower and it took out some of the harsh sound. I would say at idle and in the garage it reduced the loudness of them about 35 or 40 percent. At least now when I rev it my ears don't start to bleed. I have the baffles wrapped with fiberglass also which helped a little.I will know more when I get it all back together and on the road. I am waiting on a part which I should get tomorrow or Friday.

Ok, just returned from the official test ride and I have to say they are perfect. A nice rumble at idle, a nice rumble at cruising speed and a little loudness if you get on it. Sounds like a big block chevrolet with glasspacks. I love it and would recommend the modification to anyone with the Baron's Nasty Boys. Flow looks good and power is good. Looks like a keeper.:duck: