IGNORED

Fog so thick you could chew it

ArticusMedicus

My job last night had me getting out at 3am. At 2:30 I was outside smoking and it was clear as a bell.

3 O'clock rolled around and it looked like something out of a Stephen King Movie. It was so thick and heavy you could feel it when you were breathing. Many of the non-smoker were coughing over the moisture.

Well, I had about an hour and half ride home ( with good conditions) but, I wasn't wanting to try it in the soup. So, I made a few phone calls and ended up going to one of the bartenders house.

I had to ride there and it was about 7-10 miles. As I was riding I thought I could feel cold water running down my legs. I wasn't going to look down, I couldn't see anything more than 10 feet in front of me anyway. Tail lights on cars were less than useful and I knew nobody could see my little tail light. So I had the Hazards on.

The water was sheeting off of the wind screen like it was drizzling. I tried to smoke one on the way... but my cigarette was too damp to burn.:doh:

I drove about 30mph to get there and when I jumped off the bike, my pant legs from the knee down looked like I had been in a down pour. The fog in my head light as I sat there looked like snow suspend in midair.

I have seen some nasty fog in the mountains in TN... But I ain't never seen it like this:think:

I remember the legendary fogs of London from long ago. Every flat and business had coal burning fireplaces, it was their only source of heat. Thick fog would roll in and mix with the heavy smoke from the chimneys at night. Even a seeing eye dog would not help.

Glad I wasn't trying to drive in that stuff you were in. The worst I have driven in was when I had the drivers door open on my car to keep an eye on the white line.