IGNORED

Skull Candy earbuds

For those of you that like to use earphones for your MP3 player as you ride, I highly recommend the Skull Candy brand of earphones!

For comparison, I have tried the Apple earbuds, and the Philips earbuds.

The Philips are absolutely bad as they amplify the wind noise to unbearable.

The Apple earbuds are little better. The noise level is too high to enjoy the music.

The Skull Candy earbuds are inexpensive (Got mine at Staples for $19) and they BLOCK out the windnoise, so much so that at medium volume I no longer hear the bike at all, and have to feel my way thru the gears.

This is while rolling down the road at 70+ with no helmet.

Using them with my Scorpion Exo-100 Half Helmet was even better, as the wires weren't whipping me in the windstream. :-D

~Bill

Another great pair of 'phones are the sony "Fontopia" that have the 3 different silicon ear pieces that are IN-CANAL headphones.

That's the real secret. Like the skull candy's, they really diminish the outside sound since the earbuds fit inside your ear canal, not just up against your ear canal opening. It's like putting in earplugs that have a small speaker in them to send the music to your noggin. :)

WOAH!!! I just found the 71's for $13 at amazon!!!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036T4C06/]Amazon.com: Sony MDR-EX71 Fontopia Stereo Earphones - Bulk Packaged: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21QytwqO3tL.@@AMEPARAM@@21QytwqO3tL[/ame]

These are a steal!!! Bulk packaging saves you $40 off retail. Get them now, and I promise you won't be disappointed. I paid $90 for mine when they first came out!!!

I promise you won't regret this purchase. Mine have been serving me well for over 3 years, and I like them better than Bose or any of the other High End earphones I've tried. That price is a steal.

You can check your local marshalls... I bought a couple backup sets when I saw them recently there for only $20...

They work great. I am a BIG fan of Skull Candy. I have been using them for 2 years now. I commute 70 miles round trip and use my 08 RSTD as my primary means of transportation. They truely are both an ear plug and a music speaker. I use them with both my old GMax G68 full face and my new Shark Evoline modular.

I bought a pair of earbuds at walmart for 19.95. I don't know the name brand but they are round and flat. The quality of sound is excellent but I do get wind noise with my half helmet. After reading this post today I went to staples and bought a pair of skull candy earbuds. The skull candy buds do block a lot more of the noise but the sound quality of the walmart buds is much better. The sound of the walmart buds is much deaper and the stereo sound is excellent. The sound of the skull candy buds isn't as deep and quite the quality of the walmart however I will probably use the skull candy buds with my half helmet.

I have been using the Skull Candy in canal buds for years now. I work in manufacturing and use them on occasion. Good as ear plugs. For me they have the best sound quality I have found for buds.

As for riding, can't do it. Can't hear what is going on around me. Even in the cage, I have to have a window cracked to hear what is happening outside. Bub's and speakers are loud enough that I sometimes have trouble hearing sirens.

Safety concern. Besides, I thought is was illegal in most states to operate with headphones?:puzzled:

:2cents:

I bought a pair of earbuds at walmart for 19.95. I don't know the name brand but they are round and flat. The quality of sound is excellent but I do get wind noise with my half helmet. After reading this post today I went to staples and bought a pair of skull candy earbuds. The skull candy buds do block a lot more of the noise but the sound quality of the walmart buds is much better. The sound of the walmart buds is much deaper and the stereo sound is excellent. The sound of the skull candy buds isn't as deep and quite the quality of the walmart however I will probably use the skull candy buds with my half helmet.

Try the sony's... especially the 71's!!! You'll be shocked at the sound!!

Try the sony's... especially the 71's!!! You'll be shocked at the sound!!

Just want to say a big thank you to you! After reading your post I ordered a set!!

They sound great and for people like me with small ears they fit terrific!!!

Just want to say a big thank you to you! After reading your post I ordered a set!!

They sound great and for people like me with small ears they fit terrific!!!

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention... All the Fontopia earbuds have 3 silicon earpieces to help you get the right fit. If you have a hard time with earphones not staying in your ears, then try fontopias (or any otther set that has interchangeable buds) and you will most likely be pleasantly suprised!!!

I have been using the Skull Candy in canal buds for years now. I work in manufacturing and use them on occasion. Good as ear plugs. For me they have the best sound quality I have found for buds.

As for riding, can't do it. Can't hear what is going on around me. Even in the cage, I have to have a window cracked to hear what is happening outside. Bub's and speakers are loud enough that I sometimes have trouble hearing sirens.

Safety concern. Besides, I thought is was illegal in most states to operate with headphones?:puzzled:

:2cents:

In La. earphones are...when they draw up the law, not sure if they were referring to cars/trucks or motorcycles. To me, I wouldn't consider riding with earplugs or earbuds to be unsafe...you can still hear as well as being in a car with the windows up and the radio on. I think they way more concerned about a driver with the windows up and headphones on.