IGNORED

Fuller AF-655 3/4 helmet w/face shield

jfoster

I purchased this helmet last year....if anyone is thinking of getting one. My opinion, it is a very noisy helmet. ALOT of windnoise. I do have my windshield cut down so my helmet does catch some air. Earplugs a most due to wind noise and not practical with intercom system.

Correction: Fulmer AF-655

• 2 weeks later...

To me the fulmer was very comfortable...so I made some changes. I filled up the vent holes with hot glue sealing them off and I put 3/8 inch strip of velcro (soft side) around the top of the shield.

I will say it has made a dramatic difference. I can't tell any difference with the holes plugged as far as heat is concerned. It did make it alot quiter. The strip of velcro around the face shield stopped the wind popping noises due to the small gap between the sheild and the helmet. I wish I'd came up with this before buying the HJC, which doesn't fit as good.

The strip of velcro around the face shield stopped the wind popping noises due to the small gap between the sheild and the helmet. I wish I'd came up with this before buying the HJC, which doesn't fit as good.

Been thinking about doing that to my Nolan flips, only using a thin foam weather stripping. The '99 with the low cut windshield makes the flip noisier than 'H'.... Whine?? What whine..... :rotf:

I couldn't find any weather stripping thin enough...I tried the velcro and it worked perfectly. Its not air tight, but it filled the small gap perfectly and reduced the popping sound from the wind by atleast 50%.