IGNORED

Biker Down-State Trooper

nkbjones

If I was driving the pick-up (we call tham utes over here) and slammed on the brakes, my defence in court would be that a child's ball rolled onto the road in front of me and I didn't want to take out a kid if it followed. Or was it the little old lady pulling out in front of me -or was it . . . yadda yadda yadda! I didn't ask for the biker to slam into the back of me. All you gotta do is throw a reasonable doubt for your actions at the courts and you'll pretty well walk away from it scott free. Not taking away from the unfortunate circumstances of the ST crash, we are now into a mini court room scenario of "what ifs" and "maybes". I think we should end it here and now. Obviously the bloke in the pick-up was a goose, so let's hope he's been cooked.

So you'd have no problem lying in court?

After 27 years in the judicial system, I have not yet found anybody who tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.:no-no-no:

That may be the difference between here and down under. Or just the difference between you and me.

When in traffic court, back in my youth, I told the truth. It hurt me financially, but I did what was right.

Guest KitCarson
After 27 years in the judicial system, I have not yet found anybody who tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.:no-no-no:
Hi Spear. Getting off the subject a bit.....do not intend to.....wish to give all respect for the fellow who went down.......if he is okay, would not mind teasing him a little....but you know............I got stuck with being a cop when I got out of the military. That is what they put me to doing, I was not qualified to do anything else.......maybe blow something up.

Thing is I noticed it really did change me.....for the bad. I got to where I could never see the good in anyone. I looked at everyone with suspicion, everyone I met was out to do me in.....or I was looking at them expecting the worst. Seems to be part of being in that profession. I did not like it much, as I really have never met an bad person till they show me they are, I prefer to just accept people.....the cop job......that is one part of it I did notice was changing me. Never fear....they did not succeed!! I am still my self!!:big-grin-emoticon:Kit