IGNORED

Now this makes me sick!

bryan52577

Couple Finds Their Flag Cut Into Pieces

POSTED: 5:03 pm CDT May 11, 2010

&nbs

DES MOINES, Iowa -- A Des Moines couple, Lynn and Paul Montgomery, said someone stole an American flag from their front yard and apparently compounded the offense by cutting the flag into pieces.Lynn Montgomery said she probably wouldn't have called police if the 3-by-5 foot flag hadn't been cut up.She said she found only one small scrap of the flag in the yard after last week's theft.A police report filed on Monday lists no suspects. Thieves also took the flag pole.Lynn Montgomery said she and her husband will replace the flag and pole once they can find them on sale.

:crying: Why is there people out there like that? I hope they find them and think what ever the perpetrator did, SHOULD happen to them. Might just make some, think before they do something? :scratchchin:

Bryan

Yes, I am expressing my right and you guys are "right on".

Thomas Jefferson was not a bleeding-heart nor was he a liberal.....as he said: "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." We are looking at some serious problems coming our way as things are going right now.

We got big and the liberals went along with the bleeding-hearts so now we have all these "rights". However, I don't think those rights include theft and criminal damage to property. (Forget the freedom (right) of expression, such as destroying our National Flag.)

Based on this, when apprehended, these GUILTY B-------s should be "strung-up" on the Montgomery's new flag pole.

Maybe the school teacher could join them for using his/her position as a way of suppressing the heathy mind of her 13 yr old student. Sounds like a nice dressing to thieves.

Let'er rip !

I deleted what I was going to write here 3 times...for the reasons it may have been to political...

I just wish I could have stubled apon them ripping up that flag. I just hope they get what they deserve for doing that. :rant:

In my almost 60 years I cannot remember a time when people weren't saying "this country is going to hell".:sick:

Whether it was the Viet Nam protesters, the war mongers, the illegal immigrants or the financial hacks on Wall Street, they were all the death of this country. Been that way for the last 200 years.

Guess what....we're still here, and this is still the greatest nation in the world. Study your history and you will find we keep doing and saying the same things over and over.

Perspective is everything.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself"

In my almost 60 years I cannot remember a time when people weren't saying "this country is going to hell".:sick:

Whether it was the Viet Nam protesters, the war mongers, the illegal immigrants or the financial hacks on Wall Street, they were all the death of this country. Been that way for the last 200 years.

Guess what....we're still here, and this is still the greatest nation in the world. Study your history and you will find we keep doing and saying the same things over and over.

Perspective is everything.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself"

you'd better hope the spending stops

or you'd better pick up a copy of the rosetta stone------in chinese

I'm sitting here at my work desk today, looking out my huge front glass window upon one of our Greatest Symbols of what our forefathers, Military and Patriotic citizens have worked hard and died for. Yes , Old Glory , Stars and Stripes . Yep you guessed it, The United States Flag. Waiving Proudly in the wind displaying Honor , Braveness , Courage , Respect , among all sacrifices that our Great Nation Men and Woman as well as for our Allied Friends.

My neighbor across the street erected a large flag pole with lights . I supplied the Flags. It's a Great Inspiration to see it waive so Proudly and to hear in this day and age how other abuse the Power it represents. Now I'm not going Political on this , But expressing Patriotism ! There was a saying in the past which said , "Love it or Leave it" . Don't make me say ,"Love it , or I'll kick you azz out"!

I did not serve in the military, but I support and respect what our Constitution stands for. As a member of Rolling Thunder , we see sometimes a flag or flag pole going amidst and in need of some TLC. We organize and go to the aid of that Symbolic Icon and make it Proud again. This bring Great warmth and Pride back into my heart as well as others whom have the same views as I and many others.

Enough said before I get irate , LOL !

BEER30

We are the proverbial frog in the pot.

How do you boil a frog in water? get the water hot and then throw him in?

Of course not, put him in a pot of cold water and slowly turn up the heat.

Never see it coming.

This country is in serious trouble, but I am very hopefull people are waking up and will stand up for what is right.

We need to get folks to vote in there local primaries, not wait until November.

Politcial? Probably.

God Bless Arizona, other states are lining up to do the right thing.

:thumbsup:

Not long after the attack of 911, an adult video/toy/mag., etc. store put up a GIANT American flag on the tallest pole he could find. Miles before you got into town you could see this GIANT flag waving in the wind. I thought it was an appropriate response to those who oppose this country. Then the city got its undies all in a bunch citing that it was to high. Later they said it was to close to the airport to be that high. The officials at the airport said they were plenty far away and that the flag wouldn't interfere with air traffic. The battle went on for some time in court. I never did hear what the final verdict was, but the flag is still there just as high as it was from the start. A few other companies in the area also got giant flags soon after. Though not as high in the air.

I have to say something... that is just me... but this time I will try and keep my foot out of my mouth...

The post about this counry going to hell for the last 200 years, well yes it slowly has. Has it hit rock bottom, no. But for noone to see what is happening around them is just wrong.

I think what makes me mad is that there are alot of great people who do the right thing and honestly believe most others do, I wished I was one of those people but unfortunately I just dont have the trust in our leaders anymore.

I still believe "in God we trust" I believe in our flag and what it stands for and even with the problems in our leaders I still would stand up and say "if you dont like it leave it".

Just because I dont care for most of our leaders still doesnt make me hate our country, I just believe better things should/could be happening.

Just my 2 cents and hopefully kept foot out of mouth and not ticked anyone else off..

I deleted what I was going to write here 3 times...for the reasons it may have been to political...

I just wish I could have stubled apon them ripping up that flag. I just hope they get what they deserve for doing that. :rant:

Period. Paragraph.

hh

Thomas Jefferson said a lot of things,

"And the day will come, when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His Father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva, in the brain of Jupiter."

"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. "

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add “within the limits of the law,” because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature. "

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty and those attending too small a degree of it."

all Thomas Jefferson

I have to say something... that is just me... but this time I will try and keep my foot out of my mouth...

The post about this counry going to hell for the last 200 years, well yes it slowly has. Has it hit rock bottom, no. But for noone to see what is happening around them is just wrong.

I think what makes me mad is that there are alot of great people who do the right thing and honestly believe most others do, I wished I was one of those people but unfortunately I just dont have the trust in our leaders anymore.

I still believe "in God we trust" I believe in our flag and what it stands for and even with the problems in our leaders I still would stand up and say "if you dont like it leave it".

Just because I dont care for most of our leaders still doesnt make me hate our country, I just believe better things should/could be happening.

Just my 2 cents and hopefully kept foot out of mouth and not ticked anyone else off..

I didn't mean to leave the impression that I didn't care or thought that our country was doing fine in my previous post.

What I was trying to say is that throughout history there have been ultra liberals and ultra conservitives and middle-of-the roaders.

The pendulum of political opinion swings both ways, and always to the extreem. Then comes back, going to the extreem the other way. Good or bad, depends on your point of view at the time.

If the liberals were in power for long peroids of time, this country would have been broke a long time ago. But without liberals we would not have progressed as far as we have in social acceptance of each other (still a ways to go), we would not have unemployment insurance, social security, medicare, or many of the social benefits we enjoy today.

The consertivities have given us the industrial revolution, developed our natural resources, and developed the base that provides each with the opprotuntiy to earn a living.

What I'm saying is we need both, in small doses at a time, to have a country which does not stagnate in it's own juices. The very worse thing that can happen is stagnation, without healthy debate and people working for change.

Wouldn't it be sad if we lived in the same conditions as was present in this country 150 years ago? No, all change is not good, but neither is keeping everything like your fathers world was.

God I hated "Where's My Cheese", but point taken.

I didn't mean to leave the impression that I didn't care or thought that our country was doing fine in my previous post.

What I was trying to say is that throughout history there have been ultra liberals and ultra conservitives and middle-of-the roaders.

The pendulum of political opinion swings both ways, and always to the extreem. Then comes back, going to the extreem the other way. Good or bad, depends on your point of view at the time.

If the liberals were in power for long peroids of time, this country would have been broke a long time ago. But without liberals we would not have progressed as far as we have in social acceptance of each other (still a ways to go), we would not have unemployment insurance, social security, medicare, or many of the social benefits we enjoy today.

The consertivities have given us the industrial revolution, developed our natural resources, and developed the base that provides each with the opprotuntiy to earn a living.

What I'm saying is we need both, in small doses at a time, to have a country which does not stagnate in it's own juices. The very worse thing that can happen is stagnation, without healthy debate and people working for change.

Wouldn't it be sad if we lived in the same conditions as was present in this country 150 years ago? No, all change is not good, but neither is keeping everything like your fathers world was.

God I hated "Where's My Cheese", but point taken.

Great post, except the mention about the Cheese book. And I think you mean "Who Moved My Cheese?" "Where's My Cheese?" is a kids book.