IGNORED

Help with a Old New Rider and Passenger

DwightGA

Guest KitCarson
Kit, I really enjoy reading your posts. You have a lot of good stuff to say so don't ever stop. However, I just can't agree with you on this one and I felt the need to voice that. For the most part, you're right but there are times when it is totally unavoidable and in those cases, it is not "our" fault. Sure, we need to be accountable for our own actions (or should I say lack of actions) but a person just can't possibly anticipate everything beforehand. I just watched a movie last night called Next with Nicolas Cage. Now, if we had that ability, then your statement would be 100% true.

Hi Rick......you can argue with me anytime!! I enjoy it.....but today I just signed on...and am in a very somber moment........one of the fellows on here has just lost his wife due to another accident. I do not know them........do not really know what to say.....so best I just behave for a bit. These are tragic things.......we as those who love bikes are a little different than the rest of the population....we have that spirit of freedom, we are closer to our life partners.......we share more........so something like this is really tragic. There are yes some things beyond our control, I saw something like this in Fort Meyers Florida........a Couple sitting at the light , on a very busy 4 lane highway....and I watched an old lady slam into the back of their Wing.........I was the next lane over........saw it developing......tried to yell.....get the fellows attention......no one died in that one, a broken rib is all his wife obtained. He could not have went anywhere.....too much traffic....yes there are those times.....

Again a member has went down.....it is very tragic thing.....so I need to be quiet for a bit.......wish I could turn back time........Take Care Kit

Okay....I am back.with a smile..........life goes on......and Mr. Robertson the fellow on the Wing(I called 911-they always do paperwork....)

should have been paying attention to what was coming up behind him.....I was in the lane next to him......saw the car approaching the stop way too fast....there is a point when you know it is going to happen..........he never looked....not one time......was a big surprise to him!! This is what I am trying to say.........be observant....train yourself to be so......if he has seen this developing....maybe...maybe not......all things have variables.......he could have accelerated with a hard left turn, and made a u-turn.....avoided the whole deal......I saw the lady very clearly.........was watching her face.........he simply was not paying attention.

There are however things that do fool the mind.........ever been sitting at one of those double stop lights........you know where you have one one your side........there is another on the other side.....a side junction between them.........I have been fooled .be sitting there(now I am watching traffic all the time) but the light will turn green on the other side........off I went!! Something like that may kill me one day......but hey .......I am 53.......I have had a good life already......could not have been any better......God has always given me anything I want, before I know I want it!! I talk to him everyday.........never go to church!! Not at all religious......so do not misunderstand......more of a rascal than anything else..........I just do enjoy life.........one day I will die.......okay..........do not think it is all that bad.......be a whole new adventure. Kit

Welcome to the site, Dwight! ........................................................

I wanted to invite you to the South Carolina Meet and Eat here in Columbia, on Saturday, October 27. The link to the thread is: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14407

Ride safe,

Bobbie

Dwight, if you are interested in riding to SC for lunch that day (just try explaining that to your co-workers!) I'll be leaving Atlanta about 6 am that day and you are welcome to ride along. I'm not sure where Pine Mountain is but we can figure it out to hook up. Just Private Message me or leave a post here.