IGNORED

Chrome Wheel Option?

ken

I have every accessory catalog Star printed from 2002 until they stopped printing them for consumers in 2010.None list factory chrome wheels for the Royal Star.From '96 till '98,billet chrome disks for bolting to the wheels were avalible.Thats what the holes in the spokes are for in case anyone wondered.Aftermarket chromers do a wheel exchange for the factory wheels,which is what appears to be in the picture.Herb.P.S. Finding a complete set of billet disks[which were VERY expensive] IS a rarity.

Ken:

Below are a couple of Pix's of an 06 fully dressed with chrome wheels and all...Belongs to a bud of mine in Cornelius, NC..Past Pres. of the STAR Chapter there... ..Best looking 06 I think I have seen...OF course I think mine is the second best....If I had his Chrome Rims, then mine would be the "BEST" FOR SURE....Chrome-a-holic thing....No Twelve Step programs for it my wife says....

Rims are an exchange from here:

http://www.cycleimage.com/store/categories.asp?CatID=251

Long Tall in Lynchburg, VA

Ken:

Below are a couple of Pix's of an 06 fully dressed with chrome wheels and all...Belongs to a bud of mine in Cornelius, NC..Past Pres. of the STAR Chapter there... ..Best looking 06 I think I have seen...OF course I think mine is the second best....If I had his Chrome Rims, then mine would be the "BEST" FOR SURE....Chrome-a-holic thing....No Twelve Step programs for it my wife says....

Very nice!!:thumbsup2: I wonder if any of our midnight owners has that much chrome. Would be nice to see!

I have every accessory catalog Star printed from 2002 until they stopped printing them for consumers in 2010.None list factory chrome wheels for the Royal Star.From '96 till '98,billet chrome disks for bolting to the wheels were avalible.Thats what the holes in the spokes are for in case anyone wondered.Aftermarket chromers do a wheel exchange for the factory wheels,which is what appears to be in the picture.Herb.P.S. Finding a complete set of billet disks[which were VERY expensive] IS a rarity.

Does anybody have a picture of these disks? I always wondered what those holes were for. I thought it might have something to do with casting when they were made.

Ken:

Jeff is still the president of Star Chapter 295 and he is still adding chrome to this 06 mistress of his.

:farmer:

mabeline,here is a set for the rear wheel listed on E-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROYAL-STAR-TOUR-DELUXE-BILLET-REAR-WHEEL-DISCS-PAIR-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2306fe2406QQitemZ150441174022QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories front disk sets rarely show up on E-bay.Once,a complete set [front&rear] were listed with a starting price of $600 if memory serves me.Factoy list price was over $1400 for the set.I don't think many were sold.Occasionally an older Royal will be listed for sale wearing a set.Yamaha also made matching rotor covers to replace the "pie plates" in what they called a Tomahawk embossing and there was another design available,but I don't remember what they called it.These only replaced the factory pie plates,same size,Yamaha also had full chrome rotor and caliber covers which covered the entire rotor,the caliber cover was a seperately available set so that you could do one or the other or both together.This is just some of the many great accessories that Yamaha had availble once upon a time when Royal Star ruled the Star roost.Herb.

I have every piece of chrome and had my wheels chromed a few years ago. What a sickness to have. I still have it but have moved on to chrome other things. lol

Edited by Eddie

watch doing a exchange with cycleimages he had some wheels that the bearings were drove out messing up the shoulder the bearings seat against (tried to push them on me a few years ago and a friend just recently) and for a midnight w/chrome I have one with a piece or two this picture is from a couple years agopicture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=1041

mabeline,here is a set for the rear wheel listed on E-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROYAL-STAR-TOUR-DELUXE-BILLET-REAR-WHEEL-DISCS-PAIR-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2306fe2406QQitemZ150441174022QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories front disk sets rarely show up on E-bay.Once,a complete set [front&rear] were listed with a starting price of $600 if memory serves me.Factoy list price was over $1400 for the set.I don't think many were sold.Occasionally an older Royal will be listed for sale wearing a set.Yamaha also made matching rotor covers to replace the "pie plates" in what they called a Tomahawk embossing and there was another design available,but I don't remember what they called it.These only replaced the factory pie plates,same size,Yamaha also had full chrome rotor and caliber covers which covered the entire rotor,the caliber cover was a seperately available set so that you could do one or the other or both together.This is just some of the many great accessories that Yamaha had availble once upon a time when Royal Star ruled the Star roost.Herb.

Thanks hcdagen for that info. The price is a little over the top, but I can imagine it would look awesome with the full rotor covers and disks. I was looking at buying a set of rotor covers on the internet last year, but the chrome budget was full for the year. I drooled on my keyboard ever night for a week until they were gone! But you know, if a guy could find a CNC machine and a buffer?? nope no don't even go there bad bad idea !! :eek: