IGNORED

One year of RSTD riding bliss....So Far

bluerstd08

Its been one year and 19000 miles since I bought my leftover RSTD and I just thought I'd share that all of those miles have been trouble free. Just the routine stuff. I only have one problem my wrist has a tendency to twist the thottle open way too much at times.:thumbsup2: I switched to the DARKSIDE a few months ago and now that I'm not burning thru tires so fast, that has givin me even more drive to ride farther and farther every time. I find myself washing and waxing makin her all purdy again all the time. Thanks to the folks on here and other forums for helping me add my own personal touches. I love my rumble road speakers and the XM is great. Now I ride with out the fear of batteries dieing. Just one last thing.....

What was Yamaha thinking by getting rid of this wonderful machine. I hope that they dont give up on the Venture and totally go on the V-twin bandwagon. :soapbox:

Just took the Wifey out for dinner on our 2007 RSTD.

Her first 'real' trip on it since I got it in November. Note that I have put 4000 miles on it since I got it...

Yeah, we're loving the RSTD.

She said the ride was very comfortable (mustang seats)

~Bill

What was Yamaha thinking by getting rid of this wonderful machine. I hope that they dont give up on the Venture and totally go on the V-twin bandwagon. :soapbox:

I am afraid they are going to end the water cooled V4 real soon. I would bet the Venture is gonna turn into a Strato Liner Deluxe with a rear Trunk and more stuff on it. Of course the price is gonna go through the roof. I do not think the Strato liner V Twin is a bad bike, I just know the V4 water cooled engine is solid as can be. That V twin I think they already use it is several models also so it is probably a good one also.

I think they are ashamed to say thier top touring bike is only a 1298 CC engine...and fail to say how many horses it has.

That new Vmax engine sure would make a nice tourer, but we can only hope what their plans are to be for the next upgrade. So far...It looks like they are going the wrong way in my mind.

Fix the problems with the current Venture...engine/clutch noise, fuel inject it, remove the casssett and add the V-boost like the old Vmax has and I think they would sell all they could make. Talk about a running Son of a gun.

I agree that the Strat is definitely a power house, and is probably as reliable as any other vtwin that Yami makes. Well I was talking with a guy at Britt Customs in Wilmington, NC a few weeks ago and I said if they could put that 1700 vmax motor on a venture and keep the luxury features ie CC, and drop the cassette; the bike would sell itself. He said it is certainly possible but it would be costly. Thats what I'd like to see, or just put the v boost on the 1300 and it would take its rightful place as king of the cruisers.

How did I end up on the RSV? Oh, that's right. The wifey.

I wanted the Stratoliner. Still do. The Deluxe is to die for IMO. I told the little lady if you are not comfortable on the back seat it's a no go. She tapped me on the shoulder and said "what about this?" (pointing like they do)

The rest is history. (still want a stratoliner :))

hh