IGNORED

Air Jacket for Motorcycles?

utadventure

My 2 cents...The jacket might be an asset to have, but...

According to:

According to police, McPhatter was ejected 100 feet, hitting the ground at an impact rate of 140 mph.

What was he doing going that fast in the first place? :think:

He needs a "straight jacket" if he intends to ride that fast..

The idea's been around a while; one guy was charged with fraud for collecting development funds for a company to produce one; he spent the investor's money.

Not sure I'd like to have one accidently activate while I'm on a rough interstate.

They only activate if you leave the bike. Basically there is a wire that is secured to the bike and pulls the pin (so to speak) to inflate the bladders via a CO2 cartridge if you get thrown off.

What I'm wondering is if they'll be outlawed due to global warming fears since CO2 is now a pollutant. :smilies6: :hihi: Same for those life jackets on airplanes...

Guest KitCarson
The idea's been around a while; one guy was charged with fraud for collecting development funds for a company to produce one; he spent the investor's money.

Not sure I'd like to have one accidently activate while I'm on a rough interstate.

I have had that happen.........not with this jacket....but I have several auto inflate life jackets for the bass boat. They work in the principle where you have an CO2 cartridge in an threaded receptor and a sharp needle poised over the end of it as a plunger........between the spring and plunger is a water soluable (i cannot spill) pill. When it gets wet as you hit the water it inflates. One of the first ones I had inflated on me one time.......full speed ahead.....what it does is pop up instantly......I mean fast.........and even though the one designed for the boat when inflated is somewhat like the old Mae West.......it is till very restrictive and confining...mine blew up enough it stopped all control of the steering control. It had me wedged between the seat and the steering wheel.......

so on a motorcyle.........I can see it now........inflation bladders in the arms? hum.......instant straight jacket......arms straight out........chin up!!

Wonder if they will include a hang glider along with it so you can coast to a stop..........Kit:sign20:

I've seen them at a demo....interesting concept. It has a halyard that connects to the bike, when pulled it inflates, kinda like the kill switch on a jet ski. Even after the demo I was skeptical. Nice idea if it works as well as it seems to have in this case.

• 2 years later...