IGNORED

Ice Cream

Black Owl

Ok, I'll see what Carl whats to do, he says he is somewhat retired. Maybe come out again in the future. I am living the Freedom 51 .... er make that 52 now ..... dream! But wife does like to schedule things for the weekends. In the future bud! No problem.

Ok, I'll see what Carl whats to do, he says he is somewhat retired. Maybe come out again in the future. I am living the Freedom 51 .... er make that 52 now ..... dream! But wife does like to schedule things for the weekends. In the future bud! No problem.

So what are you doing this Wednesday?

I still planned on coming out, not sure about my riding buddy. I got your address off the Wednesday night thread. Shall I come there for 1pm or would meeting somewhere be more convient for you, Carl? Or would you rather cancel since you are starting the night ride that day too? I don't enjoy night riding, and I would have to be riding in the dark homebound, so I personally will pass on the Wed. night ride. Poor night vision and a deer magnet!

I still planned on coming out, not sure about my riding buddy. I got your address off the Wednesday night thread. Shall I come there for 1pm or would meeting somewhere be more convient for you, Carl? Or would you rather cancel since you are starting the night ride that day too? I don't enjoy night riding, and I would have to be riding in the dark homebound, so I personally will pass on the Wed. night ride. Poor night vision and a deer magnet!

That's why we don't plan on where to go until we have taken stock of who's coming along,,, so if you come on the evening ride, we would end up near Dunnville somewhere,,,, just to be accommodating,,,,,

As for Wednesday aft,,,, sure sounds good,,, I'll need fresh fuel for after 6, so this gives me a way to clean out the old stuff,,,,,,,, Ya I know, it's been almost a week since I refueled, so I don't trust it so much,, time for some fresh stuff again.

That's why we don't plan on where to go until we have taken stock of who's coming along,,, so if you come on the evening ride, we would end up near Dunnville somewhere,,,, just to be accommodating,,,,,

As for Wednesday aft,,,, sure sounds good,,, I'll need fresh fuel for after 6, so this gives me a way to clean out the old stuff,,,,,,,, Ya I know, it's been almost a week since I refueled, so I don't trust it so much,, time for some fresh stuff again.

Oh I didn't realize that for the evening ride, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I will still see you for just after lunch, where shall we meet?

Oh I didn't realize that for the evening ride, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I will still see you for just after lunch, where shall we meet?

26 Madelaine Road, Brant. That's my place, then you'll know where I live (don't know if that's a good thing) and I'll know if others can find it on the 29th.

Mother Nature is looking a little grim .... especially when I looked under New Hamburg on the Weather Network. I will check again first thing in the morning and re-post what I'm going to do, still haven't given up 100% yet. Fingers crossed!! But check your area for your night ride Carl ..... I dunno?!?!

You can even look at the address maybe Carl is sleeping on the porch. HE's retired now :thumbsup2:

Brad

Funny you say that .... I do believe that his wife is in front of the house in a red jacket in the Google Maps image of the front of his house. Never thought about this before, but if you knew when the Google car was coming around, wouldn't it be cool to stand on your porch and wave, to be shown forever!

Mother Nature is looking a little grim .... especially when I looked under New Hamburg on the Weather Network. I will check again first thing in the morning and re-post what I'm going to do, still haven't given up 100% yet. Fingers crossed!! But check your area for your night ride Carl ..... I dunno?!?!
A bit breezy and somewhat wet, from what I can tell at this point. I don't care for either and am happy just to keep working on my ponch,,errrr,,,, porch. It may change by morning but I kind of doubt it.

Carl

. Never thought about this before, but if you knew when the Google car was coming around, wouldn't it be cool to stand on your porch and wave, to be shown forever!

Better yet follow it on your bike for a while. :rotf:

My Brother Drives for Purolater and he showed me a few places where he has passed the Camera car. Zoom in on the truck and you an see him.

Brad

Okay things look a little better now on the weather site, saying it wont start until 5 and thats around New Hamburg .... so I'm coming! Keep an ear out around 1ish... see you then Carl.

PS: Anyone else want to come for a ride? Feel free folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about ice cream:

My wife is a Children's Librarian, so part of her job is to do kids programs: craft, song and books. She recently did one that was a BIG HIT with the kids .... home made ice cream.

Get two freezer bags (one smaller than the other)

In the small one put in 1 cup of milk, two tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla and seal tight. In the second bag put 6 tbsp of rock salt and fill half the bag with ice cubes. Put in the smaller bag and zip the big one closed, now mash it for 5 minutes. Open the little baggie and enjoy a scoop of HOMEMADE ice cream. Recipe can be doubled, but any more wont work out.

Kids or grandkids will love it .....

Talking about ice cream:

My wife is a Children's Librarian, so part of her job is to do kids programs: craft, song and books. She recently did one that was a BIG HIT with the kids .... home made ice cream.

Get two freezer bags (one smaller than the other)

In the small one put in 1 cup of milk, two tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla and seal tight. In the second bag put 6 tbsp of rock salt and fill half the bag with ice cubes. Put in the smaller bag and zip the big one closed, now mash it for 5 minutes. Open the little baggie and enjoy a scoop of HOMEMADE ice cream. Recipe can be doubled, but any more wont work out.

Kids or grandkids will love it .....

Librarian eh,,, wonder what Marca would say about that,,, better not tell her or she'll be talking all night.

Librarian eh,,, wonder what Marca would say about that,,, better not tell her or she'll be talking all night.

Ummm.... avid reader or librarian also? If the later ... check out the t-shirt she just scored.

http://www.cafepress.ca/+librarian_womens_vneck_tshirt,114728067

I thought it was quite good and she got a ton of comments at work .... :)

Okay ... back on subject.

Went to the Grand Island Bar-B-Que across the river in Dunnville. I hate to slag a local business, but omg. Had a SINGLE scoop yesterday for ..... hold on for it ..... $3.52. Regular cone, no sprinkles... nothing extra ... $3.52

I find that expensive!