Oh fer croid's sake.. lol

Since the bike is out of action for a coupla days I went and 'washed it' and promptly broke it again.. gremlins do vex me.

After washing the bike the radio speakers were crackling.. odd sound, I thought it was just perhaps static because I was bringing the bike into the garage.. But when I turned the bike back on to check something the radio would not come online at all.. no audio/ radio / CB or another.. the controller is stone cold dead.. next please.

I'm thinking something got really wet and shorted out..

Does anyone know where the fuse is for the radio?

It is fuse number 5 behind the right side lower cowling. It is shown on page 7-35 of the owner's manual (that's where I found it).

Good luck chasing those gremlins.

RR

Right side cowling... (throttle side right? )

Thanks M8

There's also a second fuse for the audio system. It's in the fuse box behind one of the side covers. It's labeled "backup". If your primary audio fuse is okay, then that one is probably the culprit.

aww bollocks.. I thought that after ripping the right fairing off and finding a serviceable fuse there, but a busted mounting bolt attachment nut, that the "backup" fuse might be the culprit and the problem solved...... but to no avail... =(

Crap.. Both fuse are good, and swapped out just in case but no radios will come up.

So now, where to start next.. I'll have to take the front fairing off and see what I can see under the hood as it were.. perhaps find something 'obvious' there.. ?

All this started right after I washed the bike.. Hmm

Thanks for the suggestions M8s..

Might be an idea to check the handlebar mounted controls for condensation. Similar thing happened to mine. Had to remove circuit board and dry it.....there are domed click switches on the board that the buttons press up against, if any water gets in there you will have to prise them up slightly to let any moisture out. Be very careful doing this they come off very easily and are a real pain to get back into position.

Might be an idea to check the handlebar mounted controls for condensation. Similar thing happened to mine. Had to remove circuit board and dry it.....there are domed click switches on the board that the buttons press up against, if any water gets in there you will have to prise them up slightly to let any moisture out. Be very careful doing this they come off very easily and are a real pain to get back into position.

Unfortunately that would not be the case in this situation as installing a new radio on the bike eliminates that possibility.. if there was water in the controller as you suggest then the 2nd radio would not have worked either.. But good guess..

Cheers

Anyone know the number of whom I should call for Yamaha USA?