IGNORED

Looking through old pictures ....

sgn

Might not interest some but here goes.

The night I met my 83 VR, June 13 2007 11:33 PM.

Let me set the stage. Bought off Ebay sight unseen. The wife and I had been looking for months, I knew what I wanted and the wife was my purchasing agent. She found this one in Dothan, Alabama. It had a very low buy it now price and we went for it. In talking with the seller he said he could believe it, only on ebay for 30 minutes.

Now I live in Upper East Tennessee so had to get it home, lucked out on a shipper headed this way from Mobil, Alabama and got a great price for transport.

The day of arrival came and it was raining elephants and bears. (cats and dogs were nothing) The shipper called at 9:00 AM and ask if I could take a late delivery, what me turn it down NO WAY.

So after having not ridden a motorcycle in 27 years the moment of truth was fast approaching. Move the hands of the clock forward and it's 11:30 PM, still raining like Noah is next door and the bike is here, almost.

Closest place the shipper can get his rig to my house is 2 miles away. (Did I mention it was raining) So we unload at a closed service station under the canopy. Bike runs really well (thank goodness). I little tryout under the canopy and it's to to "carry it on home". (did I mention the rain?). The plan was for the wife to follow me home keeping any traffic off my rear end. First Bump and all the light go out, first downhill run (mountains here you know) no rear brakes and very little front. Thank Goodness only a mile and 3/4 to go. (don't forget the rain) Found out real quick if you roll on the throttle it would move. Well the next mile was a long mile. Zero visibilty, don't forget the rain, and my rearend in pucker mode. The lights of home come in to view, at least I think its home hard to tell in the rain.

At last my prize is home in it's nice DRY basement. The wife looks at me and says "you look like a drowned moose" I really didn't want to tell her it wasn't from the rain but from the "sweat bullets".

Over the next few weeks, reading on Venturerider.org, I said it's time to call for help. RandyA I saw lived the next town over so I called and introduced myself, what a blessing he arrived like a night in shinning armour on a purple steed and in one day, a little work and some duct tape the old gal rose from the ashes.

So thanks Randy, and more than a few of the rest of you my 83 VR is running well and is now known as "Tent Peg". (another long post)

Yes, I know what a great choice this bike was and like it more each time we leave home together.

So take a look below - Steve & "Tent Peg" the early days!