IGNORED

Looking for seat mod thread

SilvrT

Somewhere there is a thread explaining / showing how to modify the stock RSV seat to reduce pressure on the tailbone. Seems I recall a gel pak involved.

anyone have a link for this thread? I forgot who did it and can't seem to find it.

Somewhere there is a thread explaining / showing how to modify the stock RSV seat to reduce pressure on the tailbone. Seems I recall a gel pak involved.

anyone have a link for this thread? I forgot who did it and can't seem to find it.

There's a guy in Langley that used to do AZZKICKERS seats but they thought he was too expensive. I've seen his work and I'm considering a gel upgrade from him...

There's a guy in Langley that used to do AZZKICKERS seats but they thought he was too expensive. I've seen his work and I'm considering a gel upgrade from him...

hey Doug...thanks... shoot me the name, contact info when you have it handy.

I'm contemplating doing the mod myself; however, Speedy Mufflers on 72nd close to King George has/had an upholstery guy there that does great work on motorcycle seats... he did the one on my '85 including the backrest and it was a superb job.

Rick if you pm Rick Butler,he will send you the instructions on how to do your seat . i just got mine back from Rick B last weekend ,but havent tried it out as yet. looks like everyone who had their seat done by him are very happy.hes a great guy to deal with .

Rick,

Please save yourself alot of time and agony and let me fix your seats. I starting doing this seat mod (just for VentureRider members) over 2 years ago when I couldn't stand listening to you complaining about your oem seats or having to spend over $500 for a custom aftermarket seat which still didn't resolve your seat issues.

Check my ad out in the VentureRider Classifieds which will help you understand what I do:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1023&title=butt-butler-seat-mod&cat=7

But I'm not the only person doing this, where Spencer reworks seats similar to what I do and has a good reputation:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

And I wouldn't trust an upholsterer that wasn't at least a rider and understood touring motorcycle seats, where I've had to fix many of these seats.

Let me know if I can help,

Rick

Rick,

A couple of things I didn't address, the first is the issue of your tailbone where my mod addresses the issue of tailbone relief. And the second is that the idea of gel pads sounds great, but are really over-rated. They are generally very firm and do not relieve pressure points and in the summer, they are a heat sink when the bike is left out in the sun.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Rick,

A couple of things I didn't address, the first is the issue of your tailbone where my mod addresses the issue of tailbone relief. And the second is that the idea of gel pads sounds great, but are really over-rated. They are generally very firm and do not relieve pressure points and in the summer, they are a heat sink when the bike is left out in the sun.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Thanks for the feedback Rick. :thumbsup2: