IGNORED

Pacific Coast Star - Potato Chip Seat

Good Morning All,

Has anyone bought or tried the Potato Chip Seat offered by Pacific Coast Star for their Tour Deluxe? They charge $160.00 for the seat plus a core deposit on your original seat. They build the seats from the original seat chassis. Their claim is: that their mod will be much more comfortable than stock, and that it will lower you by three inches. The way it works is, you order the seat, receive it, and then you have to weeks to try it. If you like it, you send them your original seat as a core deposit and they credit your card for the core deposit. If you don't like the new seat, you send it back to them. Please see the following links: http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/royal_star_seats.htm

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/faq.htm

I would appreciate any input.

Regards,

Tony

I have the pillow top seat for both rider and passenger. if my seat were lowered by 3 inches, i would be sitting on the bracket.

I would need to see how the do their magic before i would commit that kind of money to a seat mod. I know folks here rave about Mr. R Bultler's seat magic, i would look into that before these folks.

our 04 RSV is already lowered rear and front, so my 27" inseam still has both feet flat on the ground (while sitting on the scooter). therefore i need no seat mod.

another thing i am anal about is core swap. i rarely come out even or ahead when i do a core swap.

If i were to go with their mod, i would send my seat, have my seat done and get my seat back. therefore i have original equipment that has been worked on.

that's just me. I try to stay as original as possible when possible.

If anyone dives in and tries this I would sure like to hear how well it works out.

I have a 29 inch inseam and Ultimate seats now, and with the new Works Performance rear suspension unit, I am "tip-toe" unless the wife and a lot of luggage are on with me.

I have lowered the front but am resisting doing the back, I really liked the improved handling from the 1 inch rise the Works shock gave me. When the stock shock was on and with no air (lowest) it felt like I was dragging a huge anchor around.

Also I like to bend some corners occasionally and dragging hard parts has never been on my bucket list. :-)

Please if anyone tries this seat, post results out here!

:fingers-crossed-emo

I did have them rebuild a seat for my V-Star but not the chip seat. It was as good as they said it would be and I did get to try it for a week before I sent the old seat back. They were great to work with IMO.

John