Will an aftermarket (looks like saddleman) 89 seat fit an 84? Looking at one one ebay right now, would like to replace my stock seat, just wondering.

Dan http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270174470444&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

It pro'bly could be made to fit, but the passenger seat is smaller on the mark 1's than on the mark 2's. I haven't tried it but you may have to mod the handrails to make room. And then the handrails might not fit the contour of the saddle bags..... The 1stGen m-1's are a pretty tight fit in there.

Thanks Condor, just what I need, More mods to make, more work to do! As if I don't have enuff right know! 'Probably pass & just wait to get the right one. Never hurts to check, tho'. (OOOPS, forgot about the whole mk1 & mk2 thing we're trying to get goin'.)

Dan

Thanks Condor, just what I need, More mods to make, more work to do! As if I don't have enuff right know! 'Probably pass & just wait to get the right one. Never hurts to check, tho'. (OOOPS, forgot about the whole mk1 & mk2 thing we're trying to get goin'.)

Dan

I'll keep using it until everyone figures it out. If not we'll just keep using it 'n keep 'm in the dark, and it'll be our secret.......:stirthepot:

no big secret , jack.

mk-1, has to be early 1st gen. and mk-2, has to be '86 and up, first gens!

lol

now i guess i'll wonder if i'm correct or not!

lol

just jt:confused24:

Just to help you older guys out (:)), you've got a mark2!

lol

Dan

Will an aftermarket (looks like saddleman) 89 seat fit an 84? Looking at one one ebay right now, would like to replace my stock seat, just wondering.

Dan http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270174470444&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I had bolted Charlies old mk2 seat on my mk1, after recovering only. The back portion of the handgrips are close to the seat, but will just clear. A small portion of the seat corners will press on the mk1 trunk too. The only downside that I can see, is not being able to remove the trunk without removing the seat first.