Hey Mike. Why are the Chrome shops disappearing?? Seem hard to find anymore. I have a room full of 1st gen shiney things. Some good ones that need redone.

the cost of disposal of the waste from the process is the reason, and the requirements of legal operations.

Quality plating in Sterling Illinois is a very small shop with very low overhead, and knows how to treat folks, not the fastest, but the quality is worth the wait.

Quality plating

406 Oak Avenue

Sterling, IL 61081-1860

(815) 626-5223

(metal plating only)

plastic chrome="Chrome tech" owner operators name is Robert 608-712-8284 or 608-274-9811

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice touch, i live in milwaukee just picked up a 2007 venture, would like to do that and other things. How would i go about getting this done. Thanks Kevin.

I try do do things to my skuter, that makes it a bit different from others...

with that said, here is my latest addition in the "quest for more chrome"

the lower fairing on the 2nd gens are made of a clear thick plastic, and they take quite a few hits with the bugs and rocks and such, and after a few years and a multitude of miles, they start to look a bit tacky.

i took a new set of lowers and had them chrome plated, inside and out, then automotive grade clear coating added to help hold the shine.

whadya think??

mike[/quote

Me and Dan talked about making the fairing deflectors in polished aluminum but those curves and mounting brackets are just too intricate for us. Those look great chromed. But like you said, you need a new set to start with. Plastic cant be sanded too well and those scratches sure will come out to haunt ya.

Fantastic job......hmmm, will the wife let me do this too?? (anyone have a spare room in their basement?):smile5:

Spose she'd go for the "safety chrome" line or has she already heard that too often?

Very nice touch, i live in milwaukee just picked up a 2007 venture, would like to do that and other things. How would i go about getting this done. Thanks Kevin.

i took a new set of lowers and had them chrome plated, inside and out, then automotive grade clear coating added to help hold the shine.

plastic chrome="Chrome tech" owner operators name is Robert 608-712-8284 or 608-274-9811

Spose she'd go for the "safety chrome" line or has she already heard that too often?

Come home with a fake cast on and tell her if was due to lack of Safety Chrome.. You'll either get that sympathy look or that incredulous look of disbelief.

I dunno, it's worth the try..

I dechromed and debadged my Midnight Venture that I have a lot of people asking me what year my Harley is..

Sad people out there.. lol