My 1985 VR is haveing some suspension problems. When I turn the key to accessories the screen will turn to this.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t319/Gillfoyroadpaintball/1985%20VR%201200/028.jpg?t=1270497790

Nothing happens when I press the buttons.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Have you checked or cleaned the connections at the back of the unit. (big white plug)? There is also a tech article in the first gen section that tells you how to repair it if it's more than just a dirty, poor or corroded connection.

Did you give it enough time to go to manual or auto...front/rear??? These CLASS systems run about 1 hz speed and take a while before things start to happen. Usually if there's a problem it will go blank or throw an Error code... E1..E2..etc.

My 1985 VR is haveing some suspension problems. When I turn the key to accessories the screen will turn to this.

Nothing happens when I press the buttons.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Let it finish the POST (Power On Self Test) & after it reads 0.0, press the front or rear button to get a reading.

:2cents:

The big white plug seams to be in good condition no rust or anything from what I can see. I have let it sit in ACC mod to let the POST run mabey 10 min and the screen will not change. I took out the CLASS box, took it apart to look at the solder points on the board and they all seam to be in good shape. Also dusted the board with a horse hair brush.

Thanks,

Well if that didn't fix it i would suspect the unit itself is defective since it will not boot up. I'm sure someone with more experience with these unit will know one way or the other. Cleaning all the connections on mine solved my problems.

I just put the box back in, It now boots up sort of. In the span of 5 min code E1, E4 and E6 came up on the screen. I can adjust the suspension now thow.

Cool! Then you likely have the cracked solder joint syndrone! You could try cleaning all the connections again even at the compressor!

On the Plug, tug on the wires, the crimps of the pins on wire ends come loose.

You might have to remove all the male and female pins and resolder them.

Also, check all the connections on the pump at the rear of the bike. Open all the connectors and clean with CRC 2-26 electrical contact cleaner.

Cool! Then you likely have the cracked solder joint syndrone! You could try cleaning all the connections again even at the compressor!

anyone know if it is safe to spray electronic contact cleaner directly onto the boards in the CLASS system?

Thanks, much appreciated for everyones help.

anyone know if it is safe to spray electronic contact cleaner directly onto the boards in the CLASS system?

Thanks, much appreciated for everyones help.

I did on mine. It was just Crappy Tire brand contact cleaner. Like I said mine now works when before I bought the bike last year it did not.