For nearly as long as I have had my 07 Venture, it has had an annoying rattley buzzy noise on the right side behind me and a little down. Drove me nuts, when I would throttle up or let off if would rattle. You know one of those noises that you hate, you know it is not serious, but bugs the crap out you. Checked everything on the right side to see if they were tight, multple times, never found anything lose. Pulled he right Kromewerks slipon muffler off, nothing in there, plus it did not really sound like a metalic noise anyway.

It was always associated with throttle on or off, but I could not get it to sound off unless I was riding, never heard it when the engine was raced and the bike stationary.

Today it was worse than ever, when I got home I was able to hear it while on the side stand in he garage. When I would put my fingers on the right rear speaker grill the noise would stop, remove my finger noise comes back. "HA Got you" I said to myself. :big-grin-emoticon:

Looked inside for some foriegn object (FO for you USAF guys) nothing. So I start to pull plastic parts off, nothing, so when I put things back together, I put a small piece of adhesive backed foam ruber betwen the speaker gill and the frame it mounts to behind the passenger seat.

Took it for a short test run, no noise. Plan on taking an all day ride tommorrow, that should tell me if it finally fixed or not.

:fingers-crossed-emo Here is for hoping.

I had a similar noise. Exhaustive examination ruling out variable. Turns out, mine was the little plastic silver (chrome looking) cap that clips on to the center of the auxiliary light bar and is supposed to hide the wires and pretty it up. The clips loosen over time and it rattles when you throttle up and at certain rpms. Make sure you check that too.