IGNORED

Garmin Map Question

spotsy

I had a Garmin 550 that I bought in 07. At Christmas I got a new 255W (I think that's the model) and I dpownloaded the new maps 2010.3. Can I use that update on the older 550 as well? Or will it somehow disable the older 550 unit? Thanks.

Spotsy

I had a Garmin 550 that I bought in 07. At Christmas I got a new 255W (I think that's the model) and I dpownloaded the new maps 2010.3. Can I use that update on the older 550 as well? Or will it somehow disable the older 550 unit? Thanks.

Spotsy

I think that's a question for the Garmin tech department.....

Spotsy

Nope, not unless Garmin's changed their way of doing business in the past year. Last time I updated it was strictly for ONE unit ONLY (I know, 'cause I had TWO units to update!!) Payed something like $80 and that was for EACH unit. Methinks hereafter I'll just wait and extra year and buy a NEW GPS, seeing as how you can get a pretty decent unit for $140 or so:doh:

Thanks Old Bear. That's exactly what I did. Instead of upgrading I bought a new one.

I see Bowling Green, just around the corner. Did you get to ride today? Me and a buddy did a little over 300. Went 64 to Afton, back roads over to Raphine, then through Goshen Pass, Staunton, Waynesboro, Elkin, and back across the mountain on Rt 33 to Orange and home.

Hope you got to ride a little somewhere.

Spotsy

Thanks Old Bear. That's exactly what I did. Instead of upgrading I bought a new one.

I see Bowling Green, just around the corner. Did you get to ride today? Me and a buddy did a little over 300. Went 64 to Afton, back roads over to Raphine, then through Goshen Pass, Staunton, Waynesboro, Elkin, and back across the mountain on Rt 33 to Orange and home.

Hope you got to ride a little somewhere.

Spotsy

Carl, look again. His Bowling Green is in Kentucky:whistling::whistling::crackup::crackup::rasberry:

Happy Easter buddy!!!!!