IGNORED

2nd Gen Drive Shaft Lubrication

Chinto

I was looking through the AMSOIL brochure and found Amsoil Spray Grease. See the link for specific details of this grease. http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/glcspray.aspx Anyway a though occured to me and I am wondering what you think about this idea. Would this or similair grease, but a spray type grease being sprayed into the access port on top of the engine side drive shaft knuckle/driveshaft gear be sufficient lubrication? Even if you would do it a couple times/year. I have never looked into this port yet but all of the posts say you can feel the knuckle that accepts the shaft end so spraying this grease, maybe with tube on the end of the spray can to direct the grease better should get it on the gearing. Granted this is no substitute for a complete lube job tear down but maybe in between lubing when the tire doesn't need to be taken off, could it be effective? Or is this grease simply not suitable for this type of application? What do you all think???

:think:

First of all, I would doubt that it is a heavy enough grease but the main thing is that I think all the grease is going to end up on the outside casing of the U-Joint and not between the shaft and inner splines of the joint where it needs to be.

I just completed two grease job's on the drive line. Spray will not get to where it's needed. Next time you lube the drive shaft and final drive fingers, use a Water Proof / Marine - Molly grease. I use Shaffer brand grease, stays where you put it.