IGNORED

Who makes replacement Shocks?

Hi gang , looking for an aftermarket shock. Can the fine group here suggest a quality shock ?

Going to the koots and after doing a long trip to Toronto, Ontario..so, I need a good ride for my toochie, one thing I reupholstered the seat with a gel as well. Thanks much appreciated.

Mike in Calgary..:178:

about the only replacement I am aware of is the Progressive shock. They are about $435 US for a replacement one. You can purchase just the spring and replace the original spring with it. I believe that has to be purchased directly from Progressive Springs.

Good Luck..

Rick F.

Mike,

They are talking about your rear shock.....where Progressive does make a bolt-on replacement rear monoshock for the first gen Ventures. And you can have your favorite dealer order this for you since the national distributors Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited carry these. However, the Progressive replacement spring for the Venture Royale is a direct order part from Progressive. And you will need a good spring compressor to replace the spring.

Hope this helps,

Rick

FYI-Should you get the entire shock. I believe to adjust the preload requires "old school" tools, to screw the collars. I time consuming chore. I put the front and rear springs on my 87VR a long time ago. A good upgrade if you drive 2-up a lot.