IGNORED

Beachbar handlebars on a 96 RS... Possible?

I'm looking at putting wider/lower beachbar handlebars on my 96 Royal Star to give it a more retro look. Does anyone know the max width & height that I can change to without replacing clutch/brake lines & cables?

Is it even possible to do on the old Edsel?

You will most likely get more answers to your questions on the older Royals here.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/start

I did check that site, however, they don't have a search menu, and answers generally don't come quickly as this site, and members here tend to lend more technical assistance.

But both sites are GREAT!:thumbsup:

you can put about any lenth you want, just run the cables between the triple-tree and the tank instead of in front of it. my friend added 3" risers to his and used stock cables doing it that way. if you do change out the cable and clutch hose use the ss and it'll help your clutch from being spongey feeling. i have never cared for beach bars as they strech your hands way too far out for comfort. just me tho!! don did add a section for us on here a few years back and has helped out a lot but i still like my other forum too. all are great places to find out things to help you out.

Thank you! I did wonder about running the lines/cables through triple clamps, but a little worried about marking up the tank.

SS brake/clutch lines are the way to go, I used them on all my sportbikes, especially for track days.

I'm not sure if I want to risk going with 35-36" or go with a safer 34".