IGNORED

Will Need Aux Tank for Bladder

RedRider

Got my notification that my 5 gal aux gas tank is on its way. WoooHooo. Should provide 350+miles between stops (IB rules state you must stop every 350 miles for certified rides - however, not rallies). The Russell Day Long saddle is also in the big brown truck. Should be a good weekend (if I can get the bike back together).

Once the tank gets here, I will see how it fits on the current 3 gal tank mounting board. If it doesn't fit, I will post the 3 gal aux tank with the mounting board for sale and make a new one for the 5 gal unit. If the 5 gal tank does fit on the mounting board, I will post the 3 gal for sale with a mounting board pattern only.

If you are looking for 100+ mile extended range, keep on open eye for a post on Saturday.

RR

Is your tank a custom build? Who is making it? I assume it will have the required baffles to meet IBA criterion. I want an aux tank, but money is tight at the present. :(

Dave

Dave,

It is from TourTank (www.tourtank.com). It has the internal baffle, vent (with optional turnover flow restrictor), and grounding tab required for IBA criterion. That is really why I got this - along with increasing to almost maximum allowed fuel). My 3 gal unit has the baffle, but does not have the vent (it looks like it has the vented cap) or the grounding tab.

The 5 gallon unit is not listed in the motorcycle tank section, but it is in their auto/custom section. They just build it up as a motorcycle tank with the required features. It doesn't cost anymore than the standard motorcycle tanks. About $250 or so (don't recall the shipping). It also comes with the mounting straps.

RR