IGNORED

carb float level with Bubs?

I was reading a thread on hear about float's being set to high on venture's from the factory, making them run rich. So if I put on Bub's pipes it will still be ok. But it didn't say if you lower the floats to factory specks. if the Bubs are still still OK with out rejeting??? Or do you need to rejet? 2008 venture.

Thank's for the info!

I'm sure someone will come on here with many more brains than I but I think you should get your floats to spec so it runs good and gets the best gas mileage. As far as the pipes are concerned I don't think I have heard of anyone re-jetting the carbs because of pipes. I have the RK pipes drilled out completely and the bike runs great with about 42 MPG.

Good Luck

BOO

OK, I called v7 Goose. The one that wrote the thread on float settings. He tells me it will work just fine. All it will do is help your gas milage. "MAYBE" . I hope so!! It needs a lot of help!!!!!!

hi reed

i have a 99rsv that i bought used in '06, it had bubs on it. i guess going on 2 years now ken came down to tom's in blanco. and we had a float setting class we were also doing the valve adjustments with buddyrich's help also. i have punched a couple of vent holes in the filler neck of the gas tank. i seem to be getting better gas milage out of the schoot. i realy need to start tracking it again to check. i know when i drove from houston to canada for the '08 international rally. my mpg veried from a high of 53.2 to a low of 30.0 mpg. ( my average was about 43.85 ) now this was with towing a fuly loaded trailer and my daughter sarah on the back. but this again was before the carb & float adjustments. i feel you won't have to set the floats with the bub's. this is just my experiance.

reguards

don c.

BUB's sell 2 muffler systems.

1 Sleeper slip ons. "just mufflers" No rejet or carb work!

2 BUB's headers and muffler. Larger headers do need a rejet!

thanks for the info as i only have the slip on muffers.

reguards

don c.