IGNORED

Finally got my seat!!

donphantasmo

I perchased my 2000 Venture in the biginning of January. It made it here about 3 or 4 weeks ago (to New Orleans), and during the ride, it lost the front seat.

I talked to the guy who sold me the bike, he told me basically "tuff $h1t". I perchased a used seat from Pinwall Cycles, but they sent me the back seat. They have a strict to return policy, but they were very nice, and just made me pay for shipping.

After all of that, today on the 16th day of March... I finally rode my baby to work... It was great. The seat doesn't have the mounting hardware, but it's good enough for now. I'll head to Home Depot after work, and maybe I can get something to work... I don't care, it's gorgeous outside, the bike runs great, and I'm gonna have a great week..

If you guys could feel my joy!!! I'm :dancefool:at work...

Great news! I'm not sure of the thread size just get two nylon inserted nuts that take a 10mm socket and you'll have what you need. If you don't get the nylon inserted nuts then a) you will eventually brake the seat bolt off trying to tighten it or 2) they will vibrate loose and your nuts will fall off.:yikes:

I didn't realize this until I went to Home Depot and got the wing-nuts. It's a 6mm with a 1.0 Thread count. I have some the previous owner had, and I have the wing-nuts I just bought from Home Depot. They were like, .36$ so I figured I'd buy them just in case the other ones fell off during a ride... Besides, I like having to be able to tighten and loosen them without needing any tools.