IGNORED

Cougar's Hannigan Headlight Adjustment Mod.

Cougar

Not sure why Hannigan does not have the Dealers or Hannigan them self's add this when doing the Rake Install .

I have found that there is no way to adjust my headlight to to proper angle after the the rake has been added.

After the rake kit is installed (my) headlight wants to shoot up into the sky.

I finely got around to doing this as one of my winter projects this year.

Here is my fix.

The Picture below are standing in front of the bike, So I will refer the left and right in that manner.

Picture (1) is both left and right

NOTE: You will also need longer bolts to do this project. those should be laying around in a bag

of nuts and bolts you got back from them removing all your other stuff.

[ATTACH]42727[/ATTACH]

Picture (2) is left - with a spacer that is 2.25 thick and a washer of .065

[ATTACH]42729[/ATTACH]

Picture (3) is right - - with a spacer that is 3.00 thick and a washer of .065

[ATTACH]42728[/ATTACH]

I did this mod a while back but never got around to testing it, I did this AM

while it was still dark outside with the VRtech Headlight Adjustment write-up.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1064

You will still be able to use the knob to fine tune your adjustments as well.

My Findings where it was pretty much dead on, I also did my settings with

the light on low beam to start with. then tested it with the high beam on.

NOTE:: you will also have to re-adjust your running lights as well if you already have them installed.

I think if you get close to my sizes it will still work or get you close.

Any Questions feel free to email me.

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

Bob, they do not do this mod , maybe have John look

at this post when you get there. maybe they will start

doing this for future rakes. but for now they do not do this. from what I understand, I could be wrong though.

Another person to talk to would be Jim Gooch . (warranty guy)

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

• 4 months later...
Bob, they do not do this mod , maybe have John look

at this post when you get there. maybe they will start

doing this for future rakes. but for now they do not do this. from what I understand, I could be wrong though.

Another person to talk to would be Jim Gooch . (warranty guy)

Jeff

NOPE still no word on such mod from them. I am going to have to do this myself this week end,,, Man you talk about in the clouds the light was off to the moon last night....and way Left..

Yep, Just as you described. :big-grin-emoticon: mine seems to be good to go the since I did the mod. you might be able to get away with half the space on each washer die.

maybe? The light housing will stick out from the fairing a bit with the mod, but I can at least see the road now. Also make sure you get that trunk of yours FAR back or the little woman will not fit right. I also had to do that MOD as well.

Yep, Just as you described. :big-grin-emoticon: mine seems to be good to go the since I did the mod. you might be able to get away with half the space on each washer die.

maybe? The light housing will stick out from the fairing a bit with the mod, but I can at least see the road now. Also make sure you get that trunk of yours FAR back or the little woman will not fit right. I also had to do that MOD as well.

?????? Got me on that one,,,:confused24: she is only 98lbs holding a sac of taters. She wants to come down a lot though, she isn't use to sitting so high,,,:)

I have built a bunch of these in the last 14 months, but have heard nothing back from any of them except why did I wait so long..... I am sure that the light had to be out some,,,

For some reason after installing the false rear fender to attach the the rear seat and wire cable brackets , If you do not place them in the correct spot your wife will be (pushed) to far forward. (make since?) What I had to do was move the trunk back and relocate the passenger seat has well. now it seems to be back to were it was when we had 2 wheels. I think the location of the trunk was a huge factor.

just an FYI while you are building. the back of my trunk over hanges the lip on the trike body now. I had to use rubber washers off a shock , you can buy them separately. to give the right height for the lip.

Jeff

George, I have been wanting to ask you a Question.I had asked you why you had to take the entire rear end of the trike off to add the Aux gas tank. I am confused as why? why can it not still be connected to the front. I know the body must be removed and welding tabs has to be done. but still confused as why I need to remove the frame work to add the new tank?

Thanks,

Jeff