IGNORED

The Bee's Knee's

Owen

Today the Queen Bee (Margaret) decided it was time to try out her new knees on the bike. She had her second knee replacement December 28 and has been recuperating. She has been faithfully following her PT regiment and has progressed nicely. This morning we took off on the scoot for a 'trading days' in Livingston Texas. On the return trip I told her I felt a detour coming on and we took off across 105 all the way to Montgomery Texas and then back to Houston. All told about 200 miles. She faired very well. We stopped about every hour for a stretch. It was so nice to have her riding with me again! I have missed her company.

On a side note: Boy do I need to get my clutch upgraded! :bang head:

Here's hoping for a fun 2up riding season!

:biker:

Edited by Owen

Owen,

How many miles on your 08?

Do tell the clutch story for us...:fiddle:

Skydoc (Earl) has some Clutch Kit posted in here somewhere.:bowdown:

Glad to hear you got your 2nd Up gal back... CONGRATS to Her

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

Owen,

How many miles on your 08?

Do tell the clutch story for us...:fiddle:

Skydoc (Earl) has some Clutch Kit posted in here somewhere.:bowdown:

I have 30k on the '08. I tend to 'twist the grip' pretty hard.:whistling: I am also an MS-150 motorcycle marshal so the clutch gets a real work out slow pacing the bicycles. Right now it slips when in 4th or 5th and I'm loaded up or gittin' on it. Yep, ordered one of Earls kits! The stock one would never hold up to the soon to be installed vmax rear end. :happy34:

............................................................... This morning we took off on the scoot for a 'trading days' in Livingston Texas. On the return trip I told her I felt a detour coming on and we took off ............................................................................................................... It was so nice to have her riding with me again! I have missed her company.

Here's hoping for a fun 2up riding season!

Man, I love a good "long-cut"!

Glad you've got your wife back in the saddle!

Got both of my 11/04, and worked like mad for 1.5 years with PT, followed by prescribed PT exercises on specific weight machines to this day. They don't react as fast as the original, but I don't miss the bone on bone pain, nor does your faithful wife. Neat how you are considerate for her. She needs those 1 hours stops most likely, just to unkink them.

I don't know if they told her a trick that applies to everyone, but especially those of us with artifical knees. Straighten out the legs, the flop the feet in and out; confuses the synapses (nerve signals) and the fatigue passes. As well, BIO-FREEZE works very well in helping during the tougher times. DO NOT order that on line; they cheat. There is an 800 number to call; let me know if you want it. And it's cheaper.

Best to you both! 150 CO miles today, and tomorrow looks hopeful too. Blessings of being retired; sure glad I am fairly $$ secure in all this mess Washington has donated to all of us 'to help us out.' LOL

JackZ

:bowdown: for your gutzie wife, ... well, and you!