IGNORED

Fuel in crankcase problem???

My guess is that it would not be common if it did happen. These are fed by an electical pump and is not gravity fed. The tank is under your butt between the frame. The petcock is right next to your right heel when sitting on the bike.

Edited by GigaWhiskey

Don,

I have never heard of a Venture flooding the cylinders because of the petcock. I have always kept mine on reserve and payed attention to the gas gauge. As mentioned it's not a gravity fed, you dont have anything to worry about.

I never heard of one doing that either but the carbs are pretty high and I would think if the stars crossed just right it might be possible. It would take two or three things going wrong to make it happen.

BOO

I would start with spark plug or coil. If one cylinder doesn't fire all the time, it's possible some fuel is washed down in to crank case. Don't ask me how i know :doh:. It's almost impossible to figure out if one cylinder doesn't work by ear, Indications are fuel milage is dropping down about 100 miles per gas tank, and bike doesn't go over 90 miles/hr.

Good Luck.

1. If your carb float has a hole in it it will fill up with gas and not shut off gas.

2. If dirt gets between the needle valve and the orifice in carb it will fill up with gas.

There should be a clear plastic over flow pipe on each one of the carbs , have you noticed any gas under bike?