IGNORED

Where can I find a SilverStar headlight for my MKI?

No, I really have not looked but was hoping to go out and get one local if possible. Would this be a normal part at like AutoZone? You wouldn't happen to have the part number handy?

I think the one I have is original. It says Made in Japan in the lense.

Not finding what I am looking for. I went to AutoZone and Walmart.

Anything close to a 9003 number are those iddy biddy bulbs. I am looking for one of those large rectangular ones. Those numbers are ranging in H6xxx and H4xxx.

Since I can find some of the "H" numbers, which one is good form me? Is it still the 9003 and I cannot find it?

I just got home from Wally World myself. Couldn't find them on the rack so I asked. They said they no longer carry them. Too slow a sale item. Geeesh.

I Goggled them and they are on eBay for the same price I paid two years ago with free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sylvania-9003-HB2-H4-SilverStar-Ultra-Performance-Bulb_W0QQitemZ130370248024QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e5aac1d58

Ok, let me start of with;

I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT!

I have owned this bike since 94 and have touched this assembly countless times over the years. I always thought this was a one of those sealed beam headlights. Yanno, like the kind you would put in an older car.

After Yammer made his post I went down to go take a picture of it to prove it. I pulled that black rubber thing off - never have done that before. And Walla, there it is, one of those iddy biddy bulbs.

I have posted about this before and I no one caught it when I mentioned I think it is the original headlight, says Made in Japan and Kyoti on it. Thinking Kyoti is a headlight manufacturer in Japan.

I figured it changed to the iddy biddy bulbs 86.

I did attach two pics of it together and apart for those that thought the same thing - I do think I am the ONLY ONE though.

In case there is another one of me, turn the rubber cover and there it is.

I have had a dumbazz grin on my face since I turned it for the first time.

Have you considered a GE Nighthawk? I'm running those on my bike and my wife's van...and they are noticably brighter with a wider beam of projection. I got mine at Amazon.com. I do believe all the 1st Gens use H4's. I know the MKII's use the H-4s.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GE-H4-60NH-BP1-Motorcycle-Replacement/dp/B0017OALW0/ref=sr_1_19?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1268003019&sr=1-19]Amazon.com: GE Nighthawk H4-60NH/BP1 Motorcycle Replacement Bulb, Pack of 1: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FOyN6poCL.@@AMEPARAM@@41FOyN6poCL[/ame]

Have you considered a GE Nighthawk? I'm running those on my bike and my wife's van...and they are noticably brighter with a wider beam of projection. I got mine at Amazon.com. I do believe all the 1st Gens use H4's. I know the MKII's use the H-4s.

Amazon.com: GE Nighthawk H4-60NH/BP1 Motorcycle Replacement Bulb, Pack of 1: Automotive

No, I have not considered those warthog and I do not know how these are with the MKI's. Wonder if anyone else has dealt with these (anyone can chime in). I just learned today that I have an itty biddy headlight. :big-grin-emoticon:

Youre not alone,,,,,

i almost did the same thing on my Brownie, but Rocket clued me in and gave me a silverstar. It makes a big difference to the visibility. but it still doesnt compare to the brightness installing lower driving lights gives you.

Brian

Gigi,

Since you may not be familiar with working with these itty bitty bulbs, a quick hint.

DO NOT TOUCH the glass while handling the bulb. The heat generated by the bulb combined with the oils from your hand will kill the bulb. Handle it by the base only.

Good luck putting in this bulb. You will really like the difference.

RR

Edited by RedRider

Gigi,

Since you may not be familiar with working with these itty bitty bulbs, a quick hint.

DO NOT TOUCH the glass while handling the bulb. The heat generated by the build combined with the oils from your hand will kill the bulb. Handle it by the base only.

Good luck putting in this bulb. You will really like the difference.

RR

I wipe them off good with tissue before I install them. Touching them will cause them to blow.