IGNORED

Does your side bags "sigh" ???

Well wasn't THAT interesting.. we were working on a friend's Venture this evening and when I closed his right side bag, we heard a hiss of air, almost like a 'sigh' that lasted 2.5 seconds.. No joke.. Could it be air leaking out of the shock as I pressed down on the lid to close the side bag??

After a closer look, we discovered it was air escaping from the side bag.. It was So pronounced and loud to be noticeable.. SO very odd. I checked my buddy's bike and his also made a similar sound but of very much shorter duration.. I tried mine when I got home and nothing..

On the first bike we found the air escape from the drain vents under the bag..

Go figure.. Talk about a tight seal at the lid!

I wonder how many of us curious types will run out and try this, like I did. Mine doesn't sigh. Maybe cause I'm 1/2 deaf.

I know what you mean.. I had never heard that sound before from anyone's bike.. but his does it every time.. impressive =0

If I close it slowly it won't do it. But if I flip it shut quickly enough that the latches catch by themselves it will do it. The first time I was on the ground looking for where the sound came from also. Closed it slowly and nothing. Was driving me nuts :bang head: for a couple of weeks till I figured it out.:doh: :rotf:

Hmmm, only sound I ever hear from the bike is a low moan when I sit on it. Kinda sounds like someone out of breath moaning "get offffff, get offffff"....:smile5:

I can relate to that when the other half sits on me... :rotf: :rotf: